Brently's Boards

Classic. Wouldn’t be a Brently build without it!

2 Likes

Don’t tell me what to do!
You are not my knees…

1 Like

he convinced me to get a surron…i love it!

3 Likes

:joy:

Honestly its such a fun platform b/c of how light and flexible (build-wise) the frame is. You can put big ass wheels on it like me or make it almost pit bike sized. I drank the koolaid for sure but enjoyed it.

1 Like

One too many or two too few wheels for me…

For now anyways…

2 Likes

THE RETURN TO FORM HAS OCCURRED😅

After trying a few truck+proto combos over the years I’m going back to the classic matrix II’s.

I’ll be honest the apex’s were fun because you could run thin tires and they’d soak up city bumps but I missed the more nimble matrix’s and hypers were just flat out too wide for a proto. The lacroix team got it right out of the box the proto feels purpose built for matrix II’s.

Also brought back my classic advan livery inspired grip. Did around 10 miles on it today and couldn’t be happier with my revisions. Feels like 2018 again.

Apex Air and gear drive for sale thread coming soon.

9 Likes

Dude.
Have you tried Matrix with the riptide bushings?

It makes me happy!!!

2 Likes

With the hyper bushings right? I haven’t but want to. Honestly waiting to see what lacroix price the new trucks they have on the barrel at. If it’s not crazy and they aren’t too wide I’ll prob pick them up.

I always liked the yellow shockblocks up front red out back combo. Bought these used and they came with some smoooooshed ass yellow and yellow combo someone has way over tightened. Quickly trashed those and dug up the freshest set I had in the parts bin.

2 Likes

I was bugging them for those… I check the website every day…

But yeah 70 bucks for adapters and 40 for bushings and your Matrix II are very different.
And to me it is in a nice way.

1 Like

I do have a few diff color hyper bushings I could try, who makes the adapters? I think it was 3ds?

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m thinking about the HT lite as well. Should be an improvement over the M2 for sure.

I also want more range and 12s5p isn’t enough. I have a 12s4p in my proto now and i want at least 35 miles of “fun miles”.

2 Likes

still running my 3+ year old 12s6p 30Q pack I don’t think this board would even do 15 “fun” miles

I had to resolder one of the series connections already, I should prob open her up again

2 Likes

Baby’s first welds, tell me how bad they are

Do I count as a “builder” now?

Wiring will be done next week, hyped to get my lil commuter going

3 Likes

welds look good, but stacking nickel is il-advised

with the amount of cross-sectional area you have there, you shouldn’t need it

2 Likes

I was gonna yell at you for double stacked nickel but it seems my dad already did. Especially for a commuter.

5 Likes

School me bros why is stacking nickel ill advised, I was under the impression it’s better for current flow

1 Like

Welds typically turn out much weaker. Are you stacking 0.2 or 0.15?
As for current, that wide nickel should have no problem doing whatever you’re throwing at it.

1 Like

Learned from a ebike batt builder so high currents for longer periods are more common I guess :man_shrugging:t3:

oh .15x30 is plenty. I run a 12s3p p42a pack with .15x30 at 70 battery amps all day

1 Like