bound vesc issues

This is odd. You’re pushing sweet power to those motors.

3 Likes

yeah I would think so. I’m at the point where I might just buy a new vesc

2 Likes

I hate the idea that spending more money might be the answer, but maybe grab a Xenith. You will no doubt want to build more than one board anyway.

2 Likes

Maybe try 3.62 fw and if that doesn’t work it’s time to throw it off a bridge?

I fell bad he’s taken the enclosure off like 30 times in the past few days trying to adjust settings and sort the issue out.

2 Likes

sounds reasonable to me, how to I flash older firmware

1 Like

Download which ever one is needed from the vesc tool list.

1 Like

2 Likes

Believe this is the same ESC. States 2.06 as the target.

2 Likes

should I try 2.06 and 5.1 FW

2 Likes

Try 2.06 and whatever the recco firmware is.

1 Like

do you know what HW version

1 Like

But really, unsure what that will do. This feels like a bottleneck.

1 Like

60 for vesc 6 architecture.

1 Like

Is this the remote you have with your bound motor esc?
It’s the one I got with it. I remember having some weak power issues when I was using firmware other than the recommended firmware and it was because the bottom button (some type of speed mode throttle curve adjustment button) was locking me into a beginner setting no matter how many times I pushed it.

Also be careful updating and downgrading the firmware. That vesc will timeout and shut off in the middle of an upgrade. If you leave the remote on and paired while playing in vesc tool I believe it doubles the amount of time before timeout.

1 Like

yeah thats what I have rn

I am using 1.29 tool and 3.65 FW, that is what I though was recommended.

when I press that button the lights on the remote change which seems to indicate a change in speed mode, but I don’t really know

Great info. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Yeah the four lights should light up one at a time. They’ll light up slow, medium or fast signifying what mode you’re in. My issue was because of the firmware the lights where changing but nothing was actually happening. Try it on each mode, if you can feel a difference that’s not your problem, if you can’t feel a difference that might be it.

1 Like

I recall a difference in top speed I think, but that may have been issues with my speed tracker. There was no discernable difference in acceleration when I “changed” the modes

1 Like

There was a noticeable difference in acceleration for me between the lowest mode and highest mode.
Once I got it working.

1 Like

ok, yeah not for me, what did you do to get it working

1 Like