bound vesc issues

hey skaters, i recently completed my first DIY board. dual 6374 motors, 12s3p battery, 120mm cloud wheels and a bound x-core vesc I got from a friend used. I assembled and programmed it and was surprised when I was able to ride it without falling off. The acceleration is so lacking. Its worse than my friend’s zealot. its worse than my previous meepo v3. I have changed every setting I can think of in the vesc tool and I am getting nowhere. Can anyone proficient in vesc tool or someone else with the bound vesc help me out.

3 Likes

What values have you written to this point?

1 Like

can you elaborate? do you mean like current values, or duty cycles or something else?

2 Likes

Sorry. Motor max, motor min, batt max, batt min.

1 Like

motor max 50
motor max brake -50
absolute max 140

battery max 40
battery max regen -18

2 Likes

You could probably push these a bit depending on your motors and cells.

Try:

45 (if 30Q or better)

1 Like

To elaborate more, it appears as tho the esc was defaulting the max duty cycle to 40% no mater what was changed. Every time motor settings were rewritten the max duty cycle would be lowered to 40%.

To fix this, we flashed the no limits firmware. And it does now appear that the esc will save the duty cycle settings at 95% but that fix has not elevated the problem of sluggish acceleration.

He’s got a 12S3P P42A pack built by me in the board.

3 Likes

I tried changing motor max to 60 and it made no difference unfortunately bill. and yeah what alex said. I got the duty cycle to stay at 90% but there was no change in the acceleration. It still gets up to 31+ mph but it takes a long time

1 Like

That’s a meaty 12s3p. Huh.

2 Likes

These ESCs are known to only function well on their included firmware. 3.62 iirc.

2 Likes

im running vesc tool 1.29 and FW 3.65

2 Likes

yeah its an incredible battery. Alex is a master

5 Likes

This is odd. You’re pushing sweet power to those motors.

3 Likes

yeah I would think so. I’m at the point where I might just buy a new vesc

2 Likes

I hate the idea that spending more money might be the answer, but maybe grab a Xenith. You will no doubt want to build more than one board anyway.

2 Likes

Maybe try 3.62 fw and if that doesn’t work it’s time to throw it off a bridge?

I fell bad he’s taken the enclosure off like 30 times in the past few days trying to adjust settings and sort the issue out.

2 Likes

sounds reasonable to me, how to I flash older firmware

1 Like

Download which ever one is needed from the vesc tool list.

1 Like

2 Likes

Believe this is the same ESC. States 2.06 as the target.

2 Likes