2 Likes

I literally can’t wait

2 Likes

tenor%20(3)

10 Likes

Well said that man.

Heed the advice OP.

5 Likes

Please, dear God, don’t look at my first build ever. I think all evidence is gone that it existed.

10 Likes

One caveat I would add is that we all measure success in different ways.

For some the income from making some cool parts that supplement your building here or even your lifestyle, if they do well, is what they deem a success.

For some the esk8 mansion and branded underwear are the only visible goal.

There’s also those who don’t need to see any real income at all. They are the community members who see themselves as building for the spirit of esk8 and contributing to this community in the best way they can.

Just make an effort to define yourselves when you get going, your plans will change and with any luck you’ll find yourself needing to make the decision to dial back or ramp up when demand increases. Also remember that DIY esk8 is saturated with talented builders and individuals who come from engineering and business backgrounds that are able to xray your bullshit immediately and thoroughly. Its also tiny, know your market limits and invest accordingly, not in money but in time and expectation.

If you want the big bucks they are found on Facebook, reddit, Twitter, youtube and Insta. The unwashed masses of normies buying evolves outnumber DIY 600 to 1. If you want that esk8 mansion you start here, build a rock fucking solid foundation and then learn how to market your product but more importantly yourself. Making stuff is easy when you compare it to the sespit laveranth of social media brand building.

Good luck :facepunch:

9 Likes

fujh

7 Likes

You da best.

2 Likes

Get your ass out on some group rides with us @ The Electric Boarder Colorado and we can all test out your ride!

3 Likes

The death trike. Its bookmarked for posterity. @tomiboi used it for his original inspiration. You should be proud.

2 Likes

It’s not like your first was ugly…also not very hidden :rofl: I just had to read a bit of “esk8 history” :wink:

2 Likes

That’s not what he’s referring to

4 Likes

What? The scooter? That even less hidden than this one… or am I missing something and will have to dig even deeper?

2 Likes

Youre missing something

3 Likes

You have to find it now bro…

1 Like

I’m on it. I’ve hacked his myspace account in their old archives

5 Likes

Its a piece of esk8 history is what it is. Work of art

3 Likes

Mmmm. Well. Ok Lots of love here obviously. Well I definitely got excited. I didnt know a thing about electronics. Didn’t even own rc cars as a kid. Never had a drone. Im a woodworking musician Berklee alumni with a high intelligence whos adhd. I joined Tinkermill.org a Makerspace and learned everything about these. Obviously No one was making em here but everyone was riding em. I happen to own an x carve like Damon. I know cad lasers 3d printing woodwork etc. I realized my “Jack of all trades” status actually was good for something finally. These Boards!!!. They incorporate every skill I know. now. I just had a professional deck mold made and changed em a bit. I make mountain boards. Not little skateboards. My decks are 46" long and 10 3/4" wide. As well I did ride at Valmont bike park alongside evolves gtr. Mines a bit faster a bit more range. Much more stable as the deck width and 15.5 truck width. No longer mbs ats12. The dream of locals coming together to do something they all love to create sustainable income for people died right here on this page. People seem to love giving money to foreigners to self indulge and preach stay colorado!. Boulder mountain boards came about because I typed it into google search one day looking for local companies and nothing came back. And a lightbulb went ons all. I still own the llc. Now also steamboat boards. I even own googleboards.com just because im stupid. And telluridesnowboards.com tellride decks.com winter park beaver creek etc. Because i truly am an idiot who will go nowhere. And have no talent dreams or ambition. This thread reminds me of Sigmund Freud. “Before you go diagnosing yourself crazy manic or depressive you must first make sure your are not in fact surrounded by assholes”. Tinkermill minds showed me the build. Forums just hate and say go read. My builds and decks will get better and better. And they are fun as hell!:grin::+1:. Alans Making me 5 BMB enclosures soon with Logos. 12s5p. I have 5 sets.of spring trucks. 5.motor mounts and buying 5 escs etc. Already have battery access. These 5 will be my business proposal. Google board. Bmb board. Mcdonalds board. Steamboat board and a happytime board. They will be 100% professional. And not for sale. But for show. To showcase 1. My skills. 2. The idea. 3. Different applicable demographics. Man Im one dude whos spent thousands of dollars in learning curve and hundreds of hours on this. Still do. Anyone can order shit and put it together. That’s an assembler. Not a builder. I Have an idea thats not pre orders. Thats not paypal disputes. That nets 10x the income and gets everyone in the state who owns one a job in this field if they wanted. Duh. Like…dude…Im smart enough to know the limitations of being 1 brain. Its alot. my brain is a reciever. The ideas simply float around like frequencies. Different people pick up different frequencies and hence have different ideas. Its working together on a frequency that they didn’t recieve initially that seems to be the ego blocker. Idk. Im not a shamman or whatever. Lol.

3 Likes

2 Likes