Boosted motor and belt guards for DIY?

Hey guys,

I am almost done planning out my build. I have a few little things (wires) and my battery/enclosures to workout. I was wondering if I were able to buy motor and belt covers for my motors.

I have not been able to find one meant for DIY builds but I saw on the BoostedUSA site they sell the motor guards and the skid plates (belt guards).

I don’t know if they will fit on my motors though. I have dual flipsky 6354 motors and 280mm (12mm wide) belts. (I also contacted them and they said they didn’t know the dimensions). Will they fit on my board?

Thanks - Max

Are you using boosted board mounts? Typically belt covers are designed off the mounts I know there’s a bunch of different 3d printable files on thingiverse for different mounts

No Im not, that’s why I asked here…

I shouldn’t 3D print because my plastic has a low melting point compared to the other materials. Thanks though, ill check it out

What motor mounts are you using I guess was what I was trying to ask. If your plastic really shouldn’t be getting much warmer than ambient temps as well.

Yeah thats true.

Im using diyelectricskateboard.com TorqueBoards Motor mounts

Ohh there’s definitely versions out there on thingiverse for those. that being said there’s been so many different versions of torqueboard motor mounts it’s hard to keep track what’s compatible with what versions.

I’m not even sure if the newest version has a belt cover @torqueboards might know?

1 Like

I can double check and upload a file.

3 Likes

Where has this help been when others were asking before :eyes:

smfh

4 Likes

I don’t really want to 3D print the mounts because the plastic can melt. Also I’m getting mounts from a torqueboards kit.

I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could buy the skid plates and motor cover for the 6354 motor and torqueboard mount. BoostedUSA didn’t know about the dimensions…

does your plastic melt at 60c or what?

It prints at 220C so I don’t know. I haven’t seen any belt covers on thingiverse tho

that’s plenty. I use TPU and PLA on my Motors directly without problem at all Your motor mounts will never get hot enough to melt the plastic. Maybe on a 40c day and fullthrottling until your motor cooks, that could soften it but on a day to day basis its absolutely fine to use 3d prints.

Hmmm ok. I’m planning on 3D printing the motor cover and hopefully the belt cover (I can’t find one if you could help me) because I would feel safer with a metal mount. Do you have a heated bed?

what exact version of the motor mounts do you have?

Yes i print mine on 65c bed heat.

I didn’t buy them yet but I’m planning on buying the single motor mech kit and the pully mech kit.

I don’t have a heated bed. It’s just plain PLA

This not a DIY source, so you’ll get little help there. I don’t know of anyone that makes metal covers like you want, but I know plenty of people that have printed their own. Unless you’re running tiny wheels, you shouldn’t have enough contact to worry about.

Ok thats good to know, I just cannot find belt covers on thiniverse

That’s cool. But no skid plates…

What mm wheel are you using?

TBH I dont think youll need a skid plate like Boosted Boards have, since your wheels will likely hold the mounts higher off the ground. The small wheels combined with the huge mounts didn’t equal much clearance

Here’s my JBwelded v6 mounts w/ tb110s, 85 miles in with varying terrains (super smooth pavement, ultra shit-tacular gravel, whatever the in-between is called, etc), no boo boos to be found