boardnamics trucks maybe failed.

In other words, I’m shit out of luck. Where I ride at is mostly city, so using big tires will decrease my range and cops will spot me quick. I dont know if I should buy a other one then. Also, I never saw the first batches. Is the hanger fatter? The material is steel?

1 Like

Yeah kinda out of luck, I’d start with flipping the hangers so the crack is in compression and ditching the axle spacers, or I can sell you a set of gummies if you can live with the extra wheel diameter

Yeah they had a fatter neck but we’re still aluminum

@Boardnamics I brought new ones, but I hope you make steel hangers near the future. People like me that are not fat need stronger hangers. Seriously, 100% will buy it quick if you add that in your store. It’s my fault for going to the gym. lol

1 Like

awww I wanted to see if you could find some cool local welder who could make it like new.

Could Sendcutsend some parts that fit perfectly along the profile for that also.

Steel ones would be really cool. If you want to make your own in china it would be $$$ instead of $$$$ in USA

I rather support this dude, but if it happens again. I will 100% copy the trucks and cut it in steel. I rather wait until get the answer from @Boardnamics. Steel version needs to happen. So far, I only copy his motor mount because the product is great. I’m not joking, either.lol

2 Likes

He has made steel hangers before. Small numbers.

1 Like

Oh men… I need this, seriously. Jealous.

1 Like

There’s a guy in my town who had some BN hangars. Not sure which ones but they were new and one also showed a crack and then it completely came apart during a ride when he was doing like 50 km/h. Fortunately he didn’t get hurt badly.

2 Likes

Now you’ve got my attention. Would love some links to this if the hanger is what bent. (bent axles are a different case tho)

1 Like

Lmao why are you so dramatic

This would be the only steel hanger in all of Esk8 and you’re probably one of the like 5 people that have broken them

1 Like

Clearly it is a design flaw though, even though aluminium fatiques endlesly its still a common failure point as i hear now. Its understandable hes frustrated with it. Not throwing anyone under the bus here either because a failure point like this can be difficult to detect in advance. It would still be nice if a change in shape happened in future batches.

4 Likes

You mean non direct drive and non channel truck pretty sure.
edit: I meant like cal II and Paris trucks
Also Cast hangers having a solid steel axle through the middle… almost like a steel hanger!

5 Likes

Well most channel trucks are aluminum too, even the airs… Kaly, matrix 2, matrix 3, hypertrucks… Etc

True about cast trucks usually the axle goes all the way through. I’m just saying, expecting a steel hanger is odd given the current conditions out there

That being said, maybe it could be a bit thicker around the bushing

2 Likes

To be honest, this hanger looks like is designed for steel only. That’s my vibe with it. Beside that, I will keeping it in the store, so the gearbox is still compatible. In the future, he should make two versions.

For example:
Heavy users/crazy riders is steel version. Add $50 to $70 for this service.

Light users/lightweight mode is aluminum version. Original price.

Done. This will be cool because he will be the first one in the market to do this. 100% I will buy it.

I’m still going to support Kevin for his nice work.

1 Like

I’m curious to know how heavy is a steel 300mm hanger

1 Like

Steel is around 3 x heavier for the same volume.

5 Likes

More than a kilogram

1 Like

Guesstimated dimensions and drawn on a bus hence the shaky lines, but rough calcs without accounting for axels gives approx 900g so @rosco is pretty much right

3 Likes

It’s very heavy

900g is the same weight as my FPV drone. That’s light still.

1 Like