Boardnamics Sealed Belt Drive

This is a awesome project I Love belts my first esk8 was belt powered and 90% of my boards are belt powered, fuck even even someone invents hoverboading I will work out a way to use belts on it.

1 Like

This looks pretty awesome!
Well done.

1 Like

This is how you shut up the naysayers. Good job Kevin!

3 Likes

Did I mention they will cost $200 dual? :exploding_head:

14 Likes

Then I guess the axle chopping is really the only con? Or am I missing something?

Do the motors need their axles chopped? What is the maximum axle length past the motor face?

1 Like

Some motors do. Up to 27mm axles work. SK3 for example, needs no chop. Maytech, 26mm, no chop.

7 Likes

@torqueboards 200mm long motor shafts will need a chop :wink:

2 Likes

I was like whatā€™s that thing spinning in my motor pulley

running casually loose so iz coo

lol also I started on 84A bushings front and back to get used to it at low speed. So iā€™m expecting to have a much greater time at high speed when I switch up dik some harder stuff.

6 Likes

90% as good as gear drives for that price is an absolute game changer :smiley:
itā€™s literally a x10 jump in reliability compared to open belts

7 Likes

lmao switch up to some harder bushings. Adjustable baseplates for these would be cool. @Boardnamics any chance you could see if they are compatible?

It seems to me itā€™d be better than gear drives, especially ones with plastic gears. Also more serviceable and adjustable.

3 Likes

Just so no one asks Kevin again, these will not fit a 50xx mounting pattern :frowning:

Looks like TB6355s are the best small motors for this thingā€¦ unless theres a motor Im not thinking of?

1 Like

TB6355 wonā€™t work without chopping if Iā€™m not wrong. I just checked but I think their shafts are 32mm length

I also realized but no internal idlers?

1 Like

donā€™t need em.

2 Likes

Any reason why not? I mean I assume keeping idlers assists with belt slipping and helps with more teeth engagement right?

2 Likes

the lower resistance is good. I think it was going to come with some ā€œhardcoreā€ belt that you need to run dry but it stuff or something. Donā€™t really remember just guessing.

1 Like

I misspelled but it is prob more correct.

ā€œbut it is stiff or somethingā€

1 Like
6 Likes

True although Iā€™d imagine the resistance to be negligible

I also imagined that we could just use any belt of a certain size, nothing special

Which begs the question, whatā€™s the thickness of the belt you can use?

1 Like

looks like 15/20mm to me

1 Like