Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

hows your sealed belt drive coming along?
they sound tasty with the 280mms :slight_smile:

1 Like

I stripped the threads out trying to use a metroboard pulley. I wish i had never bought that “push fit” bullshit.

I think yeah high precision + soft alu bore + skater grime/corrosion = getting stuck apparently

1 Like

I tried olive oil trick did not help.
Tried bones bearing speedcream and it worked I got it out.
But I don’t know if I dare to use it again.

I Asked @Boardnamics for some replacement shafts (no
axel bolts) did not get the answer just got to know that the new 280 mm are out soon. Ööö just what I needed for now 🤦 .

7 Likes

@Boardnamics I have 2 of the adjustable baseplates waiting for a build. Any way I can send my stock back to you and get the newer (safer) version with the pin?

Yeah I bet it caught a burr or something on the way out and the pure pressure of the tight fit has jammed it into a corner

1 Like

BN280 coming soon. Material upgraded to real 7075-T6 and 10mm stepped axles

16 Likes

5 Likes

Close out on older 220 hangers and trucks? Some gear drives need a 8mm axle from the hanger with no step

1 Like

Wait, what gear drives are there for these kinds of trucks if not 3d servisas ones?

1 Like

Mine, if I made them. I don’t have plans to sell these in the near future. This is for somebody else.

5 Likes

Spiral bevel gears and 3DServisas

1 Like

The fix is honestly perfect. New shoulder bolts are threaded on both sides so you never need
To remove the shoulder bolt again. Got mine loctite and set
:ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Finally! I’ll be looking out to get a set of these when they’re available.

2 Likes

Soooo…I’m wondering if you have any release date or prices, comparing to the existing 220 hanger/trucks and deciding my options vis-a-vis TB218, cheap but bendy, FB230, luxuriant but I think you are challenging that now.

Personally for me not sure if a stepped axle can work, the adapter I will be using goes on the end meaning I would have to drill it out to 10mm if I get you right

I can’t see stepped axle in your pic but assuming that also not sure if it is a removable axle (bolt) or permanent (classic axle)

+ I would love a closure deal on your existing 220…maybe even the 220 trucks, cheap mofo never pays list-price, whisper me a dm

2 Likes

Just a heads up, press-fit pulleys kegel and flywheel compatible are coming in a few weeks!
Available in 36T and 40T. HTD5M tooth profile.

Estimated retail price of $28 36T, $30 40T.

Modular design. Extended axles necessary but they run true as can be!

Aluminum construction with stainless steel pins.

12 Likes

Dumbass question, does the pulley have a shoulder on wheel side to keep the belt in check?

I need set of 36 but my pulley only shouldered on motor side.

3 Likes

Nope! Quite possible the only downside of them. A motor pulley with 2 flanges is required.

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: Well. I could still use em on another build. Any chance you might cut a 32/33ish?

Just sketched it now, this is 32T

Barely fits the design

3 Likes

Oh dam. What if you bump it to 33?