Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

Do it.

1 Like

You should send them to NYC to REALLY test these trucks out :wink:

2 Likes

Make sure to try some kickflips too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Isn’t New York flat as a dinner plate with all kinds of smooth roads!? Try SF shitty roads. That would be a real test. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Haha SF roads are pretty shit too

Here in NY we’ve broken so much shit its stupid, boosted trucks, evolve trucks, trampa 12mm axles, MBS trucks, TB218s, basically every truck in existance

2 Likes

Holy shit. Alright. NY it is. We have no real testers here in sf anyway :unamused:

3 Likes

Haha everyone (Not everyone but you get the point) in NY rides hard as shit, if you want to ride in NY you would need pnuematics, urethane is just not an option

4 Likes

Don’t let him gost ride you like that, NYC has a few pot holes, in SF I literally watched a homeless man trip into a open pit that was on fire because of a gas leak, you really want to test your shit you bring it to SF, there is no other city in the US with the terrain variety to match, and no drivers shittyer than in SF.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: seriously brother!! Sf kicks ass

2 Likes

Word has it that NY is flat and smooth as a baby’s butt. Who knows :man_shrugging:t2:

amen. I’m too scared to use my board in sf, between homeless ppl lining the sidewalks, lime scooters, drivers who don’t give a singular f*ck, it’s hectic.

4 Likes

Pretty sure @sofu is one of many quality testers in SF. Personally I think it doesn’t matter where you test, more how you test. Most places have a steep hill or two, some off-road trails, some rough pavement and a long straight smooth road for speed.

1 Like

No I am in EU. Here alu is rather expensive even if you buy it raw

1 Like

If the hangers are machined wouldn’t a press fit mount be a better solution than a clamped mount?

I suppose. I may make a press-fit mount eventually but for now, all existing caliber II mounts are compatible.

1 Like

After having press fit mounts on SR rkp
And clamps style mounts on SR tkp
(Both shoulder bolts style trucks)
I gotta say i much prefer clamps, especially on trucks with shoulder bolts for axles.

With press fit you’re pretty much stuck with one width option for your trucks.

With clamps and shoulder bolts tho…
You can run a shoulder just big enough for the wheel and use bolt on pulleys and have a slightly narrower set up.
Or
you can run a shoulder bolt big enough for a wheel and a press-fit pulley with a bearing and slide your clamps out a bit for a wider set up.
Or
You can run a shoulder bolt big enough for a wheel, pulley with a bearing and a couple of spacers and slide your clamp to the very end of the hanger for a extra wide set up.

If you like making adjustments with your build and doing deck swaps and just playing with your set up.

Nothing beats clamps + shoulder bolts

*in my opinion

7 Likes

Do you need more testers? My offer still stands. If anyone could break them its probably me. I weigh 220 and carry 50lbs of gear atleast and my riding surface is rough and full of cracks

Yup would be down. @Boardnamics Send/sell us a set, Me and @sofu can test them here in SF. Probably gonna throw them on my Hammock baseplates for the double percision. Why the hell not.

My finishing up my testbench:

6 Likes

I didn’t really think this through. I have one hanger only and it is going to @iamasalmon because we are going to test it. (He is local) We will see how heavy we can get him lol

Now I know software simulations have essentially zero credibility as to making you believe anything, but thought I would give it a go anyways.

I am testing what difference there is between 70mm and 80mm shoulder bolts, the effective axle length being the same. So basically I wanted to see if sinking them in more helped with bending. This is pearly for research, not a sales ploy or a way of proving my design.

Details about my study:
I locked where the hanger will be fastened (the kingpin area).
Assigned the right materials and strengths for the axle and hanger (6061-T6 and G12.9 alloy steel)
Made sure the axle and hanger act as one piece
Targeted 200lbs of force on the end of the axle (Yes that would mean equivalent of an 800lbs fatass rider)
Ensured force was in the same direction and location for the 2 simulations
Exposed axle length was 44.2mm for each simulation

The results:
70mm Shoulder Bolt (26mm sunk in)

80mm Shoulder Bolt (36mm sunk in)

Results Explained:
The axle does not permanently deform in either test. However, the longer 80mm axles sunk in 10mm deeper in the hanger experience 11% less stress. 11% strength increase on the axles isn’t much but eh, Ill take it.

Therefore, I am going with 80mm shoulder bolt axles :smiley: This was fun

8 Likes

That’s enough axle for wheel and pulleys with bearings?