Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

ewww
why u do dis

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Anyone ever experience this squeak after riding? It seems to have gone away after letting my board rest.

Another group of mounting holes on the backing plate, which are a half increment offset from the holes currently on that partā€¦?

Edit - yup you posted this same idea above :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Does anyone have cad of the BN 184mm hanger?

1 Like

@Fosterqc?

2 Likes

8 Likes

Confirmed works excellent for my setup. Measured almost right at 30mm motor-ground clearance.

Replaced the black oxide coated m4s with zinc plated for a bit more corrosion resistance (and thatā€™s what I had on hand). With the hanger shaft nut keeping everything tightly compressed axially, these fasteners are really only in shear. Even with these 4 not evenly spaced, it should actually be stronger with an extra 33% meat to resist those shear forces.

Iā€™ve updated and refined the 3D model if anyone needs for there own positioning and assembly concerns. Also attached is a 3D printable drill guide for 12 deg (half step) positions. It worked perfectly with my drill press. Fasten via the existing 3 holes, drill 4x new 4mm holes. (Be sure to completely cover your motor to avoid metal shavings, if not detaching from arm plate)

Boardnamics M1 Drive_Positioning Drill Guide - 12 deg.step (71.5 KB)
Boardnamics M1 Drive Assembly - Rough Model - v2.step (132.8 KB)

Drill guide:

10 Likes

2 Likes

Have to remove an axle from a bn270, fastened with green loctiteā€¦
Is a heat gun sufficient to melt the loctite?
In order to apply rotational force, should I use two nuts or is there a better way?

I used a big propane burner, two nut trick worked for 3/4 axles, had to mangle the last axle with a wrench to get it loose.

1 Like

Is it Loctite 290 or a 6xx one?

Loctite 290 you can heat with a heatgun (hot air, no flame) and it will release once it passes 143Ā°C

There is a 4mm hex in the end of the axle.

3 Likes

That depends on when you bought them.

3 Likes

Oh okay, I thought I had all the variations. I guess thereā€™s at least one I donā€™t have :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I believe I have the first version with the stepped axles, theyā€™re a bitch to get out.

3 Likes

I bought recently (2021 I think) but it doesnā€™t have an hex hole :frowning:

The loctite is of the 6xx kind (648). Flame torch it is?

1 Like

In the wise words of a man holding a blowtorch it canā€™t be tight if itā€™s liquid.
Btw you should let the hanger cool down passively after you get the axle out.

4 Likes

Do you guys fix it on a vice?

1 Like

I didnā€™t but if you do try to put something between the hanger and the jaws of the vice so you donā€™t maw the hanger too much

1 Like

Blow torch (plumberā€™s favourite), plus this

Vise grip and a whole lot of patience will get them out.
If you did not spill any amount at all on the side walls it wonā€™t be hard, but thereā€™s 99.9% chances that you did and youā€™ll need an empty fridge to fill with all the compliments for your past self

3 Likes

Nice one there :slight_smile:

Which side walls do you mean?

1 Like