Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Can anyone who has been riding these give us their thoughts so far? Anyone have 100 miles or more on a set yet?

9 Likes

I thought these were well tested already in beta testing

4 Likes

Some are still waiting for a tracking numberā€¦

4 Likes

I assume so, but Iā€™m interested in real world results from customers

1 Like

Would ypu happen to know who beta tasted them? I think @Bobby might have some that he has been using and mAybe @KaramQ. Anyone else put some miles on these ? :eyes:

Not sure who the beta testicles were.

2 Likes

Ok here are my thoughts as Iā€™ve ridden them about 200-250 miles

Gears are great and all but if you donā€™t assemble them correctly, youā€™ll be havin some trouble.

9 Likes

I rode them about 10 miles today. Never went above about 21 mph because this is a new DIY and you never know if you might get flung.

What assembly issues are a concern for you?

6 Likes

Printed in nylon (Alloy 910) and pressurized to 30PSI. Ideally I would use longer bolts and put a nut on the other side. Canā€™t wait to print a full set and ride these drives. Itā€™s taking one whole day to print 1 pair of hub halves.

20 Likes

These gears are awesome. I dont like riding urethane too much anymore And am probably selling them but they are the best gear drives ive used on thane. The free roll is amazing, they are super quiet and STEEL ON STEEL!!!

11 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the dark side young padawan lol.

4 Likes

I cant get over how good these look. @Boardnamics buy the design from Mishra and machine these :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

10 Likes

Compared to hubs how good is the free roll?

Mine is in no way quietā€¦ did I assemble it wrong?

1 Like

Have you lubed the gears? Im not saying mine are silent but yours are definitely a bit louder than mine

2 Likes

Fuck if I knowšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

2 Likes

It almost sounds like they are meshed too close. Video of wheel/motor play? Either that, not enough lube, or the motor gear might he on flipped and its only contacting half the gear. Only things I can think of.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what they sound like when theyā€™re fresh and not broken in. Overtime with grease, the gears will lap themselves just enough to smoothen things out. You could also check the gear mesh. What sound they make has many factors, down to the wheels and deck used.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll send a video of the free play. And Iā€™m using white lithium grease for lube cause it didnā€™t come with red and tacky

2 Likes