Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Wanna share a pic?

As long as the face of the gear furthest from the motor is no further than 22mm, you should be fine

1 Like

which one u have?

4 Likes

Thanks mate. Mine are 6374. With the moon helicals the motor pinion has a neck on it, so that combined with the stepped shaft length meant I had to put a 3m spacer between the motor and the case to bring the pinion closer to the case. On moons the pinion is supposed to sit 9mm away from the face of the motor, but wasn’t sure about that distance on these. Sure I can make them work :slightly_smiling_face:

How loud are these bad boys? Assume a bit louder than steel on POM helicals, but quieter than steel on POM straight cuts. Bit of a guess though!

The sound of high quality.

Because the sound doesn’t matter if it’s broken LOL

2 Likes

The shoulder is no problem on these. The plate is 7mm thick so the shoulder sticks out 1mm and the gears have no shoulder.
The correct mounting is the gear right against the shoulder

They are loud, but not over the top. These don’t scream, they make a moderately loud smooth hum.

3 Likes

:joy: True, I’d rather hear the sound of loud gears than the sound of me stranded and shouting obscenities! :laughing:

1 Like

@Sonic

6 Likes

that’s what she said

3 Likes

Thanks all for the help! Pulled the trigger on a set each for me and my mate :+1:

2 Likes

when are the alleged 2.4 ratio gears coming for the helical drives. I want more speeeed

2 Likes

is it possible to use m1 gear drives with 270mm hangers. The axels on 270 are 10mm, is there an 10-8mm axel for the bn 270 like there is for the surfrodz

I really need more torque on Kegel M1 gears. When will we get something for it higher than 2.78?

Impossible, a shorter center distance would have the motor hit the hanger.
@BrendanB02 You can, just requires a 270mm adapter with a 10mm hole. One could also just drill out the 220mm adapter to 10mm and add a 1mm spacer (to account for 1mm thinner 6900 bearing)

1 Like

what do you mean 270mm adapter?

The hanger adapter that’s included with every drive.

1 Like

oh so if I can drill that center out to 10mm and then replace the bearings everywhere else to 10mm ID, my current m1 drives should work on bn 270?

I use the M1 drives on BN270, the only issue is if you want to rear-mount your motors you have to grind off a few mm of the trucks.

ive already ground a few mm off mine inward mounting 6384s so that’s ok

1 Like

Aha that 10mm drill bit is a quality purchase.

Drill press would be as well…

1 Like