Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

No grease for 400km??
You savage
I grease mine every 50ish miles since I’ve noticed after a few long rides most of the grease has been flung along the edges of the gearbox and there isn’t much remaining on the gears itself.
Plus I like my drives to stay as quiet as possible so I do a little extra

3 Likes

can you show me how to open and grease? the bolts are loctited i think.

Anyone running caguamas? Got pics of clearance?

I figure about 6mm of clearance? Hmm… These are already torquey drives on 110s but 33% more torque sounds like fun.

1 Like

I can tell you you’d have 6.5mm of clearance. I wouldn’t do it, maybe popocas if you only ride fresh suburban roads.
Even with 100mm I have some decent marks from 30mi of riding mainly nice roads.

4 Likes

definitely a bad idea. If you need torque go for lower KV motors maybe. When I got the dual 6384, 190KV was not available so I thought I compromised but I’m glad I got the 170KV. Works pretty good for my 100kg weight (and I’m no speed demon anyway)

1 Like

little to no grease gang

i put enough to coat the gears, since they’ll still go into unreachable spots after a while anyhow
runnin no issue after about 2k+ miles :wink:

6 Likes

If they’re running good than screw it, it adds to the extra orgasmic gear noise.
I wanna cruise with a gang of esk8s running m1 drives, that would be such a symphony
Seems like I baby my drives

3 Likes

I put kegels and it was insane. I bet you couldn’t fit a grain of rice between the gear box and the floor. Didn’t ride it because wouldn’t feel comfortable riding with basically no ground clearance.

2 Likes

Be more of a death wish than wanting more torque

5 Likes

BnS scrape with the wheels :rofl:

2 Likes

Daaaaammmmmmnnnnn!

2 Likes

i claim my board can go 47, and i will hit 47

never measure from the balls :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Another beautiful acceleration video, these are helicals. (Ignore the rattling it’s the wheel spacer and won’t go away)

4 Likes

Nothing like the sound of M1’s accelerating.
When they scream as the wind starts rushing on you it sorta feels like youre going lightspeed or something.

Can’t wait to get mine running

4 Likes

too quiet need more
rrrrrrrrrrrrRrRrRrRrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

2 Likes

Facts, I always feel like I’m going way faster just because of how they are screaming. Then I look and i only hit 25mph

2 Likes

Straight>Helical. I had 2.20 and wanted 2.78 Straight but Kevin is switching to helicals so I had to get them

2 Likes

Once again revisited the adjustable baseplate design.
Now uses a standard bolt kingpin. Easier this way.
Riptide machined pivot cup for more consistency.
More fillets!
Now sits 5mm lower at every angle. Less tall.

25 Likes

this is the way

5 Likes

is this for future new order? or r they already on the way to u?

1 Like