Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Enjoy this rendering of the V2. Scene is a bridge for added realism :hugs:
Can barely see the differences.

8 Likes

I like my version better.

Also is the seat for the adjustable baseplate the same radius as the main OD of the M1-AT?

seems damn close if notā€¦

No. Baseplate is r50, the gearbox is r49 haha

3 Likes

I just spent like 5 min in the dark with a flashlight for nothing

3 Likes

Hey.
Should there be a spacer between the bearings in the wheels? Or is the bearing seats in the wheels enough. Also. Got some loctite 648 for the axels. But how much or little force should be used when tightening them?

always have bearing spacer between wheel bearings
for axle: get it to when it stops and go like just a nudge more
maybe an 1/8th or 16th of a turn, the 648 should do the rest

donā€™t skimp hut also donā€™t drown

2 Likes

These are what i got. I guess the long ones are for the front.
Are the 4 of the same size on the left for between bearings in wheels?
The 4 on the right is not same height.
Left are 10mm. right are 8 and 5mm.

Edit.
I put the 4 on the left between the bearings, and it seems like a perfect fit.

Now i have the 8mm and 5mm left wich i havenā€™t figured out yet.

2 Likes

I believe so, but I think 2 bearings looks better

Dang thatā€™s Huge! It barley fits on the bridgeā€¦

/s

M1GearDriveAssembly.pdf (1.3 MB)
Take a look at the assembly guide, the smallest one goes in between the wheel gear and wheel.

2 Likes

I did, and it confuses me. Because i have 270, and it says to use the 10mm. But there is 8 and 5, and 10 between the wheel bearings. It may be that im being stupid again. :smiley:
But, when i use the 8mm spacer, it seems like itā€™s to little for the wheel nut to get tightened on the outside.

Should i then use 8 and 5 mm spacer together on the inside towards the drive maybe?

Or 8mm towards the drive and inside bearing, and 5mm inside the wheel nut towards the outer bearing?

like this. Only with the geardrive offc.

1 Like

Pretty sure 5mm spacer goes between wheel adapter/gear and inside wheel bearing. 8mm should go between wheel bearings. Speed ring(not included) inbetween nut and outer wheel bearing.
I suggest zealous/jehu bearings with built in spacers and speed rings, then you only have to worry about the inner spacer. Also allows a full torque of nut incase tolerances are off with the bearing spacer/wheelhub.

3 Likes

But there is only 2 5mm and 2 8mm. 4 10mm.

The standard for wheel bearing spacers is 5mm.

@Boardnamics

Kevin, I have a quick question about my order (#3262). I reached out via email a few times but havenā€™t heard back. Iā€™m sure youā€™re swamped, so I understand.

I received everything in my order (very quickly :slight_smile: ) except the (2) 50mm axles for the 184mm hanger, one ABEC adapter, and the red grease.

Do you know when I can expect to receive the rest of the order? I understand you may be out of stock on some items but an update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

I am express shipping a lot of missing components by the end of this week. This mostly includes ABEC adapters and hangers.

8 Likes

(the red grease is just lucas red n tacky grease btw :wink:
a couple bucks for a whole madsive tube)

3 Likes

Do you have an ETA in mind or just talk right now?

1 Like

AND AXLES???

2 Likes

I feel like a space scene would help us visualize better