Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Yep! But you’ll need either the new bn adjustable hanger baseplates or another one that has the appropriate clearance for the motor cans.

6 Likes

Prepping for my GD that will come in Tuesday, pretty excited.

7 Likes

that is a sick little guard!

2 Likes

I see your shaft has good protection.

6 Likes

I pulled it off with a paris v3 baseplate. Randals probably work too.

Has anyone reverse mounted the M1 AT?

They can be reverse mounted with 270s, 6384s, and the new adjustable baseplates.
The motors clear the kingpin quite nicely.

2 Likes

I have the same snap noise on my board, even with the new release of adjustable base plates.

Tried tightening the angle setting bolt like crazy, it still makes the noise. Tightened it down this hard too:

I’ve also rebuilt the truck a couple times, adding coconut oil on the angle bolt, bushings and pivot cup, the adjustable baseplate still makes the loud snapping noise.
Any fix?

5 Likes

Cruise control? Already here, press a button and it keeps the speed uphill, downhill, on the ceiling, etc

4 Likes

Did you try shimming? I was thinking it was my old mtb deck making the noise the whole time haha.

Like stuffing something by the bolt? Maybe I could use some vinyl on the bolt, but I’m not sure, it’s quite a tight fit haha.
Yeah I spent a few days trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with my board, swapping bushings, pivot cups, blah blah. At first I thought I had snapped my deck…
I’ve been riding my board fine, but the snapping noise is quite loud and I’m worried maybe my baseplates are faulty or such.

1 Like

XXL @poastoast guards in TPU. Thanks brother.

The more these BN220 trucks wear in w/ the riptide bushings, the better they feel. I was carving at 25mph and it felt almost exactly like snowboarding :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I haven’t even put in the M1 helical gears yet. The straight cut aren’t even that loud.

12 Likes

Dudes.

This is a cool approach to the cable.
I need to try them pointing forward…

Can I see the side to see the angle you got on the drives?

3 Likes

Holy moly, I need some of those guards!!!

I beg to differ…

3 Likes

Well… I never said they’re quiet haha. Especially in a parking garage

2 Likes

loud is good. people are less likely to run in front of you if you sound like a jet engine.

2 Likes

I’ve got a whole write up on what, why, and how i did what i did. But TLDR it’s an angle halfway between the available angles - i drilled new holes.

6 Likes

More like a Tesla, but sure.

@poastoast - anyway I could get the stl files for the guards.

Yeah people stare everywhere you go, some love it and some hate it. People usually get out of your way on paths which is nice.