Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

I also experience this to some degree. I tightened it very hard but still there is some play. I guess two screws instead of one might be more robust.

1 Like

I think it was me :slight_smile: it almost solved it but not 100%. I had to tighten them one more time afterwards and now it’s with a customer, cannot say if it’s holding on.

First test ride on these drives and they are a lot quieter than I expected from listening to them on videos. Can’t wait to ride the crap out of these.

13 Likes

Madman! I love my crocs, but I won’t ride with them.

7 Likes

They are my favorite for riding these days…

Flat like skate shoes for board feel, soft like running shoes… Best of both worlds imo and feeling the air is nice too :full_moon_with_face: My ankles and heels will hate me when I fall though I’m sure.

3 Likes

I see you’ve engaged sport mode on those bad boys

6 Likes

I wish I could, I like my shoes for riding stupid tight. I tried my slides once turned back in about a block to change.

1 Like

Well that was a long walk home… anyone else see these keel pins slowly work their way out of the wheel adaptor/pulley? I mean I do a lot of hard carving sure, but are these pins really a maintenance item I need to keep an eye on? Lost one pin mid-ride and the other four worked their way out of the adaptor completely and I had to push home.

Also I assume I should lock-tight these back in to help them hold this time? And do I need a fifth pin? Probably hey?

3 Likes

I can replace that. I can tell from the pins that they’re the first gen adapters before I changed a few things, one of them being to apply adhesive.

7 Likes

Can I use loctite 290 wicking for this. Still haven’t set up my gen1 drives. :flushed:

8 Likes

rosco I applied loctite 290 around the perimeter of the pins and it looks like it wicks down the pin/adapter interface really well.

5 Likes

Cheers Gordo :+1:

2 Likes

How many WH/Mile are yall averaging? I have the 2.20 and getting around 26wh/mile which seems like it’s a bit high for Urathane so curious if you guys are getting the same or lower

7 Likes

I think the most likely way to break one of these gears is if you ran them exposed then got a rock jammed in them. Some little guards seem like they would be needed for dirty track racing.

1 Like

With 2.78 and bergs I’m getting between 24wh/mile to 32wh/mile depending on how careless I’m with my life XDD
(15-20 wh/km)

2 Likes

How is the torque on 6" tires? I’m hoping it’s alright.

4 Likes

Its not bad, and I still get up every hill I want but I prefer the torque I had with the 115mm wheels. I don’t think a smaller than 6380 motor would be comfortable with this setup.

The top speed is unreachable for me at the moment as you have to balance the wheels pretty well (70km/h).

I have some smaller 125mm tires I might throw in my berg rims and give them a ride to check out how the smallest pneumies perform.

1 Like

Okey, this might be a dumb question, but in the web it says that the helical gear ratio it’s 2.78 but 29T on the motor pulley and 75T on the wheel pulley turns out to be 2.59. It’s helical calculated differently than straight?

2 Likes

Its calculated the same, probably just a typo

2 Likes

Don’t you need to prevent the shaft from spinning somehow ?