Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Yep the pulley and gear drive flywheel adapters are identical. They should fit, although they might a bit tight because they have thick spokes. Genuine abec fits like a glove but clones also fit, just takes some more gorilla strength.

3 Likes

Hi @Boardnamics, was wondering if your kegal fittings on your press-fit pulleys are identical to the design of the kegel fittings of the geardrives? - I’m guessing they would be (I.e that you recycled the design so the geardrives are essentially press-fit.)

2 Likes

Yes the pins are identical, but the actual pieces themselves are a little different. The gear drive one is longer

1 Like

I ask because I’m getting some 3d printed berg hubs with kegel holes based on the geardrive pins, but I would like to use them with your 44T pulleys and basically want to know if they’ll work.

1 Like

@Boardnamics idk if you share this stuff or not, but could you possibly share the cad model for the wheel adaptor compenent? I’m considering making my own trampa bolt pattern adaptor to run metro 155s, but I’m not sure if the geometry is something i can machine rn. If you don’t share cad I totally get it.

3 Likes

20 Likes

2.9 or 3.75 hubs?

Pretty sure that 6x1.5 is a 2.9" sized tire. Compare to the metroboards on 3.75" hubs and they have way less sidewall. I haven’t seen this particular tire before though, it looks kinda good…

@mishrasubhransu got a link for those tires?

3 Likes

2.9". I, personally, want to make and use a 3.75 hub though. Currently I have Rockstar II hubs that I can use, but have to think about the adapter part. Also will have to use shoulder bolts instead of supplied stepped axles.

3 Likes

I bought them off from someone on the forum.

All good, they’re all over.

What kinda low kv motors are you gonna run w/ 6"+ tires?

I am not a power user, so I think any low KV motor would work. Haven’t worked out the math though.

Yeah, reliable 140kv 6374s can be had, but that’s still 45mph top speed on 8" tires @ 12s.

1 Like

bn kegel adapter.STEP (68.9 KB)

I have a fake pulley thing if you want that too
part of a pulley.STEP (38.7 KB)

2 Likes

@kook
:eyes:
it’s the little guy.

5 Likes

Ok how much for a set of those hubs😳

6 Likes

It’s alive!

12 Likes

Anyone able to give me a centre of axle to furthest point of geardrive measurement?

80mm

8 Likes

Champion :ok_hand: thanks dude

2 Likes