Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

XXL @poastoast guards in TPU. Thanks brother.

The more these BN220 trucks wear in w/ the riptide bushings, the better they feel. I was carving at 25mph and it felt almost exactly like snowboarding :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I haven’t even put in the M1 helical gears yet. The straight cut aren’t even that loud.

12 Likes

Dudes.

This is a cool approach to the cable.
I need to try them pointing forward…

Can I see the side to see the angle you got on the drives?

3 Likes

Holy moly, I need some of those guards!!!

I beg to differ…

3 Likes

Well… I never said they’re quiet haha. Especially in a parking garage

2 Likes

loud is good. people are less likely to run in front of you if you sound like a jet engine.

2 Likes

I’ve got a whole write up on what, why, and how i did what i did. But TLDR it’s an angle halfway between the available angles - i drilled new holes.

6 Likes

More like a Tesla, but sure.

@poastoast - anyway I could get the stl files for the guards.

Yeah people stare everywhere you go, some love it and some hate it. People usually get out of your way on paths which is nice.

Parking garage adds sauce.
They’re not absurdly loud (unless in parking deck) but it still makes me curious to grabbing the helicals for comparison.

I want this m1 too. But I need to know, if 40 degree caliber baseplates, 6355 motors, 220mm hangers, and 107mm wheels will be ok on a LY Evo? Clearance, rubbing etc. Been searching for 20 hours, but cant find any. Also, this is only my second post here. :slight_smile: Greetings from Norway.

3 Likes

I forgot. Want the motors mounted under the deck.

2 Likes

Yep that should work.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned earlier about clearance issues with normal caliber plates, but were that for bigger motors only?

M1 AT are made to be reverse mounted. Its the original M1 that is difficult to reverse mount because it is so small that its tough for motors to clear. Not an issue with M1 AT

2 Likes

This is what I’m after!

It looks amazing.

2 Likes

I have this same sound with my angle adjustable baseplates too. Also the new version.

1 Like

He has his github linked here which should have stl.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the link.

3 Likes

That’s correct. 6355 on 220mm hangers have no issues with baseplates.

7 Likes