Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Yeah I’m so paranoid on anything new (well, maybe not paranoid given my skill level) that I’m constantly checking for anything shaking loose or getting suspiciously hot for a good week or so. Takes some of the fun out of it but I’d rather that than take a leg out

3 Likes

So I’m running 50 in the back and with my angled tail that makes it 40. I wonder if that will work, can you post a pic when you have a chance of wheels on the ground to see those angles?

1 Like

Is it possible to use red loctite (262) instead of green to lock the motor gear?

Also I’ve seen green loctite numbered 2xx and 6xx, what’s the difference and which one is recommended!

I used 271 and let it cure the full 24 hours and it was solid. I ended up having to take my motors off so I had to remove it and couldn’t do it without a torch and even then it was still hard to get off.

Did you remove it with one of the motor puller tools & heat @Venom121212 recommend to get, I think he does his with just that tool no heat.

2 Likes
1 Like

So it seems that 6XX is for retaining and 262 is good for thread locking. Then I assume that 262 won’t be ideal for this use case?

Correct. You want retaining compound for this job.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Going to cut my motor shafts.

Should I be measuring the 22mm flush from the part where the motor mount screw holes are, or from right at the bottom of the shaft where the bearing is? It’s like a 2mm difference.

1 Like

From the flat on the can.

3 Likes

flush with the motor face where the screws are; remember to tape up your motor holes :slight_smile:

oop he beat me to it

1 Like

He beat the yeet meat.

Thanks boyz :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I just did this the other day, I slipped a rubber glove over the whole motor and had the shaft come out the middle finger and put a zip tie on the bottom, it kept it completely sealed and took 2 secs on and off.

4 Likes

Now that’s funny shit!!!

So basically, you created a motor condom, protecting multiple holes.

4 Likes

You damn right!

1 Like

Hi guys. Been dealing with a creaking issue since day one. Noticed a degree of play between the BN baseplate and the adjustable hanger support. Despite how tight I make the bolt/nut it still creaks. I tried shimming with paper but it’s not working.

I did notice the bolt is threaded 80% of the way to the head and it is thinner than the non-threaded portion. I wonder if this is a cause?

Anyone else experiencing this with the BN hanger support/baseplates?

![MOV_20210514_1350338|video](upload://7pfnZPyJe3e1wgnNW6h47doh82s.mp4)

3 Likes

Holy crap why is your kingpin nut so tight