Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

The trick is where you don’t make a mess… no tips on that sorry.

lol by tube I meant bag.

1 Like

I put it on a popsicle stick and spread it like thick butter on the gear teeth while rotating the wheel/motor by hand.

4 Likes

Hey guys so I got the single gear drive on the 184 axle and am running into an issue using my 6374.

So what I did was take the hanger off the baseplate and set the backlash using the paper trick. This way I knew ahead of time exactly where the motor would be sitting.

As per @Boardnamics advice I started sanding the baseplate and made pretty good progress, but no matter how much I do, I can’t seem to take enough off.
It clears without turning, but when you start turning the trucks, the motor strikes.

I have no problem continuing to file at the baseplate until it clears, I am just worried about taking too much material off.

I know wider hangers or a shorter motor are the obvious choice but I’d rather not spend any more money on this board😂.

I could file this so it’s even (like the white line) and it should clear no problem, I’m just want some reassurance that I won’t somehow snap my baseplate lmao.

3 Likes

I would buy a single 220 hanger from boardnamics and be done with it, not worth the risk of weakening a part that is keeping you from going full meatcrayon. They cost 40$ ex. shipping.

9 Likes

I have the same problem, I’m trying to get ahold of an adjustable baseplate to try to fix my problem, I have 220 hangers and dual 6380

1 Like

Can you put griptape on the motor can and just let the motor itself make its own clearance?

Sounds a lot easier than filing, and you won’t take off any more than absolutely necessary.

Like this except a motor instead of a wheel

6 Likes

Depending on the baseplate you chose you may have some issues with adjustables ones aswell. I had to file a bit from my hammock baseplates to fit some sk3 6374 (which are huge for 6374) on BN220 hangers

1 Like

@russoa20
You could go down this rabbit hole…
Of all, I’d say paris/randall would give the best chance at clearance.
I can check it out later this evening on my own setup.

6 Likes

Well my i intend to put them in a position where they don’t interfere with the baseplate and tilt the entire baseplate back so I have more clearance with the floor.

This is probably what I will end up doing.
Will running wider trucks in the rear do anything but look weird?
Or should I just get two of 220s?

That’s not a bad idea, I didn’t even think of this.
I’ll see if I can make it work! I am just worried about taking any more material off, as it is already kinda thin.

Not a bad idea at all. I tried putting my gear drive in the lower position, but the motor ends up being lower then the caguamas :joy:

That would be much appreciated, thank you!

3 Likes

A plague in the year of the rat… what are the odds?

5 Likes

The good news is the batch of new adjustable baseplates eliminates this baseplate problem. Even with dual 6384 on 220mm hangers, they don’t strike the baseplate. I made sure they would clear no matter what the circumstances are.

I tried accomplishing this with cast baseplates but none of the common molds worked.

17 Likes

HOT DAMN :eyes:

1 Like

If i cant make it work with the adjustable i bought i will have to buy from the us again, thanks for making these!!!

1 Like

Any idea as to when these will be available?

4 Likes

Per his website it looks like March.

1 Like

ETA on MTB gear kits?

1 Like

@Boardnamics, so excited to get this exact setup. Super pumped to get everything up and running on my board. The 220mm Hangars w/ the Adjustable Baseplates and the Flipsky 6384’s is going to be silly fun to run.

1 Like

5 Likes

@abusfullofnuns, I’m jealous. I have to wait until March since I’m getting a fully assembled kit w/ the new adjustable baseplates and Flipsky motors. Super excited but the wait is literally going to kill me. :sob:

1 Like