Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

And just to be clear.
I mean putting the MBS writing part facing the inside instead of the outside.

Ah ok, yeah that does seem odd. My apex air adapters also only have three holes, whereas my M1S adapters have more angle adjustments. Don’t know if this will be a big issue for me but I have some m4 taps I’m prepared to use

1 Like

?

Yeah @JeffyJ mentioned he even has clearance issues on 6385s on extremely tight turns

3 Likes

Yeah only when i get low and pull on rail for donuts haha

1 Like

I determined that its actually the motor gear. The gear mesh gets tight at one side of the motor gear’s revolution and loose 180* away from that side. I also remember that that motor gear slid onto the motor shaft way too easily and i was having issues with it wanting to slide off by itself while i was waiting for the loctite to cure. The oversized hole is allowing the gear to sit off-center on the motor shaft. The opposite gear drive’s motor gear had to be press fit, which is how it should be.

1 Like

Yeah the three holes seems to be a cost saving exercise. I haven’t used those particular adapters but i did need to advise a customer to try flipping the hanger to make it work. It worked

2 Likes

Yeppers.

5 Likes

Is this the mtb deck from Tomiboi’s yardsale post? Looks like a beauty. Well done Rafael. Stoked to hear what you think of the ride.

2 Likes

Yep.
Super nice deck dude.
I got a heck of a deal.

2 Likes

Kevin responded and is sending a new motor gear. Will update with results.

3 Likes

This looks familiar… :thinking:

1 Like

its so rusty and the gear isnt spinning true :nauseated_face:

1 Like

You wouldn’t have brakes, but imagine how good that freeroll would feel :rofl:

do you know what that mechanism is called? id like to read about what’s goin on there

2 Likes

It’s a starter motor, I think it’s set up where the pinion is splined or keyed but not locked so if the motor is faster than the engine the pinion is pulled out and engages, if the engine is faster the pinion is pushed out and disengages

3 Likes

bit of an odd question but has anyone put a grease nipple into the housing so it doesn’t have to be opened to top up the grease?

1 Like

if i were to upgrade motors from my BN 6384 170kv to reachers or BN 190kv, the only thing I need to ensure is 8mm shaft correct? looks like 26.5mm length is the standard but i assume it’s easy enough to cut shafts to the needed length

saw some reachers for sale on here but they’re 10mm shaft. no way that can work, right?

any advice is appreciated

1 Like

Would need to bore the gear pulley out. Could pay a machine shop to do that.

1 Like

Yeah go for 8mm motor shafts if you want to use the M1-AT drives. Also 44mm bolt pattern (standard).

2 Likes