3 Likes

New is 82T

5 Likes

Damn, guess I can’t count

i cant count either :grin:

on top of that i’m blind cause i somehow have helicals now :rofl:

1 Like

2 Likes

Kevin @Boardnamics when will you have m1-at and XL Mount adapters for the MBS matrix III

8 Likes

How important is the spacing around the gear adapter? The screws are 1mm too short and there’s a 2mm gap between the nuts and the plate

I can buy new spacers and print new parts to get it perfect, but I’m not sure if I should

Do you have a picture not sure I quite comprehend what you’re describing…

1 Like

Oh also what do about the fact my axles stick out past my tires? Do I add gaps in the system and hope they don’t cause damage or accept that the end of the axles will get fucked

If I swap the 7mm gear adapter to wheel bearing spacer to 5mm it puts the M4 nut against the gear adapter, and if I swap the 23mm bearing spacer for a 24mm spacer it pulls the M4 screw flush with the inside face of the plate, but I’ll have 3mm of thread past the wheel that will get damaged whenever the board is stored on its side

In other news now that I have a wheel properly mounted and can spin the wheel and motor, dispite having no loctite anywhere nothing has moved :grin:

1 Like

I will digest your picture later

Nice! I’m thinking I’ll just put in a spacer on either side

Can’t do that, motor side is fine but housing side something has to take up the difference in spin

I can’t easily buy 24mm spacers so I think I might use the 25mm I have on hand, have the nuts pressed against the adapter but have the screws be 1mm short, and I’ll have 2mm of exposed axles

That way I don’t need any new parts (need to prints anyways but I have those spacers on hand)

1 Like

That looks fine. Ideally your bolt was 1mm longer/sticking out but it’s not a big deal.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Like, you don’t want anything spinning up against the housing?

Not sure I really need the spacer on the housing side anyways for the street drives

If you want to support the pinion from moving out you need a thrust bearing

Otherwise add a 7mm spacer on the motor side and loctite the shit out of it

Yeah pretty much what I was thinking, just figured I’d be able to do it to both sides…

Does this clicking sound abnormal? Only one of my drives does it. Fresh install.

1 Like