Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

i run it no problem, i use stormcore

1 Like

Anybody successfully mounted Kaly phat tires on GT3s?

1 Like

Not gt3 but i put one on an evolve rim for shits and giggles :rofl:

4 Likes

well shit if it worked on that I’m sure gt3 would be fine

4 Likes

i may have possibly found a deal on some local apex airs

@Boardnamics how hard is it to swap truck adapters?

1 Like

Pretty sure BN truck adapter just slide off the trucks, and should only be a few bolts holding them to the gear casing

4 Likes

That’s assuming we installed that way with not retaining compound :joy:

But yeah depends on hanger some times it’s very tight and sometimes it’s just right for it to slide off after undoing the axle but.

2 Likes

What PSI are you running those Qinds at? They look super round.

1 Like

I didnt run it, just put it on there for grins. Was prob bout 35psi

The narrow hub rounds it more i guess

1 Like

are apex airs an upgrade from BN 270s/adj. baseplates?

i love the BN setup but at around 40mph it starts to feel weirdly wobbly… don’t want to change bushings and lose the mobility i love at low speed. running 93a bushings so it shouldn’t really wobble the way it does at high speeds

1 Like

Ohhhh its a narrow hub. I’m running mine at 25psi on widened superstars because I’m light and don’t care about range too much, they grip so good and the profile is like almost completely flat.

2 Likes

Those are pretty different style trucks to compare, also is this going on a mountain board deck? Cause the airs operate at 35degrees (designed)

5 Likes

yeah, got a tomiboi deck im planning to use

40mph is a lot to ask of any truck. What are your baseplate angles set at? Changing your angles can be a good way of gaining stability without losing turning, because you can essentially add turning ability to the front truck and take it away from the rear (which is where wobbles start).

There’s a really good thread about split angles here on the forum. Your adjustable baseplates should make it pretty easy to tinker with different options. When I was running RKP’s I had my baseplates set to 60/30, but for how fast you are going I would recommend 50/30 or 50/25.

4 Likes

I’m running 30 and 40 degrees respectively on a Landyachtz Evo deck. As I understand it I have the angles set as stable as it gets with this deck…

There’s no such thing. Or rather, 0°/0° would be “as stable as possible” since it would completely eliminate your ability to turn.

I encourage you to play around with your angles to find something that works. I would be surprised if you cant eliminate the wobbles you’re getting.

Also, since your deck has angles built into the nose and tail, it’s helpful to talk about the effective angle of your trucks in relation to the ground (i.e. your baseplate angle plus your deck’s angle) to eliminate any guesswork on the part of the reader.

3 Likes

Wait a sec… Which angle is which truck? Normally folks list the front truck angle first, are you saying your front truck is at 30° and your rear truck is at 40°? If that’s the case, then you need to change that ASAP. Your front angle should always be the same or greater than your back angle.

1 Like

Sorry, 40 in the front and 30 in the back. Previously had the baseplates set to 0° and it was terribly wobbly, even at lower speeds (20ish mph)

I thought I read somewhwre that the Evo is ±9°, putting 30-40 right in the sweet spot.

“the sweet spot” is totally subjective. The angles the are the best for you are whatever angles you need in order to get the ride feel you want. There’s no one single set of angles that are “best” for everyone.

2 Likes