Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

@Boardnamics do you have any GT3 hubs in raw, like @UFOskada has above?

1 Like

No, those are just the prototypes. I have clear anodized sandblasted however.

2 Likes

@Boardnamics Thank you, good to know. I’m also looking at your gear drive for my matrix ii on lacroix deck.

Have you ever seen anyone set up the M1-AT forward mount on an MTB? Like, in front of rear trucks?

Understanding that the motors would be lower to the ground, is there any other obvious reason no one has done it?

There is no reason to? Is a good reason why no one has done it

You want clearance on an MTB and going forwards mounted is not how you get that lol

Also depending on which version of the AT you get, you might only have one angle to mount it at.

1 Like

There is no reason to? Is a good reason why no one has done it

The main reason is I like picking up my board from the front and not ever having the motors or GD’s hit the ground. Also, generally think boards with forward mount motors look good. .

You want clearance on an MTB and going forwards mounted is not how you get that lol

I’m not riding an MTB so I’m not worried about clearance. I ride a thane board with like 2cm motor clearance, and that works great for me. I don’t need 10cm of motor clearance for a street cruiser.

Also depending on which version of the AT you get, you might only have one angle to mount it at.

I’d be buying the version currently for sale. Does that one only mount at a specific angle? I had the impression from pics up thread that they could be mounted at different angles on mbs matrix ii.

Yes he updated the drives since I made my video, they have slightly different part revs

Well you did ask about a MTB to be fair, but on street, not sure, maybe someone has done it

1 Like

ah yeah, I see. Would be somewhat silly to do that on an MTB. To be specific it would be on a lacroix with 175’s SKPs

If you are running 200mm wheels, then the wheels are larger than the gear drives. There’s no situation (on flat ground) where you can hit your motors/drives.

Observe my shitty video skills:

20220714_172321_2

12 Likes

I was about to write the same. And nice video. Shows it clearly

1 Like

I’ll be running 175’s so it will be very close. Thanks for the video!

2 Likes

if it’s any difference, running 175s with my evo & m1-ATs, i was able to drag around the board just fine… even easier now with 200s

5 Likes

If anyone wants to give feedback on this backlash, that would be super appreciated. I used the folded sheet of paper technique mentioned in RB E-Motion vid!

looks pretty loose

1 Like

Hmm yeah when I mentioned that in my video, I don’t remember exactly what I said, but paper thickness can vary a bit, as can the way it crunches in

It does look just a tad loose to me as well. Not baaad but could be a tiny bit tighter

3 Likes

my subaru sound the same at start up :joy: :rofl:

but seriously, if you want to know if the spacing is fine try to grind some weed or walnuts but be sure to put the cover on before :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Kevin (@Boardnamics) is it possible to use your street pulley stuff with the M1-AT drives?

nope

1 Like

hey guys is it a good or bad idea to run my board on 18s with 3.95 and 190kv
top speed estimation of 96kph :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

VESC is UBOX ?

Settings ?

@poastoast does this. It seems to work alright, except its going to be really loud.
im gonna be running 205kv on 16s

3 Likes