Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

@Boardnamics did he get a set that’s not drilled out

1 Like

Every single star plate I’ve ever had needed to be drilled out. Luckily it’s easy to do, except for the stainless ones

1 Like

fuckin apparently I’ve only got imperial drill bits… any of them suffice?

I mean… No, but if you’re feeling frisky you could pick one that is slightly too small and use it to ream out the hole until it’s large enough. Just go slow and check your work often to make sure you don’t make the holes too big/oval shaped/etc.

3 Likes

yeah that’s what I’m currently attempting… thanks. new drive adapters coming but I just can’t wait to get to get these wobbly superstars outta here

1 Like

These drives benefit from a “rigid” wheel. I believe this is why the trampa holes wear out significantly faster than the MBS ones. Yes, they’re closer to the axis of rotation so they experience more force but they disproportionally wear out faster.

The wheel bearings take on most of the load when everything is set up right. The wheel adapter should only be transferring torque.

7 Likes

That’s me with my wobbly rockstars. I cant wait for my GT3 wheels to arrive :grin:

2 Likes

hi folks !, l just start to build the drive today and before i made stupid things
can l use the red loctite instead of the green for the gear of shaft of the motor ?

100% no - do not use red loctite. Follow @Boardnamics recommendations or you’ll have a bad time.

7 Likes

NO

Using anything else is a guaranteed failure

6 Likes

damn ! i just bought the red gel loctite because i don’t find the green

$20 Amazon

3 Likes

this is what i got here but i will try to find the 648 at my local autopart store tomorrow

There’s really not room for improvisation here. You spent $300 on these drives, and a lot more on the rest of your board.

Buy the $20 loctite.

8 Likes

Thats a thread locker. You need a retaining compound.

Its easier to spend the money and wait now than to use what you have on hand and be repairing the aftermath later.

13 Likes
6 Likes

Such a great resource thread.

2 Likes

hey guys , it almost done (waiting for the 648 to cure…) but is it normal that l still see a gap between the cover and the o-ring ?

1 Like

You sure your motor shaft is not sticking too much?

i will ajust the back lash after , the main problem is when l install the cover l see inside even if the o-ring is there