Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

Yeah I think needs full disassembly and reinstall. Just wanna be sure what it should be like first. (And need to go buy a blowtorch maybe…?) haven’t disassembled them but they seem to be on there pretty solidly and expect difficult to remove…

2 Likes

Every esk8er needs a blowtorch if he values his sanity.

9 Likes

Recommendations?

2 Likes

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tradeflame-propane-handyman-pinpoint-blow-torch-kit_p5910244

2 Likes

Haha. Nice. Just looked at local shop

2 Likes

Yeah boi. Thats what you want :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Gigachad setup:

4 Likes

Got my guards from @poastoast painted and ready to mount :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

11 Likes

What size motors are those?

1 Like

6384 from the man himself

2 Likes

Ahh so those are 270mm hangers i thought they were 220

1 Like

Ok, so the truck adapters are pretty difficult to remove. Looks like they have been hammered on or some shit. They’re stuuuuccckkk.
@Boardnamics whats the axle length that’s supposed to be taken up by the matrix 2 clamps (just for my information). These are messed up but stuck on pretty well and I’m considering buying a replacement set and hack sawing these fuckers off.

1 Like

Have you tried to rotate the GD the other way?, I have 6380’s on 220 hangers with no issues and it looks like you have an Evo as well.

Edit, I just realized those are the AT GD’s maybe it can still apply, or put a shim spacer on axels before putting the GD’S on, that’s how I was able to put BN AT GD on with 63100’s

2 Likes

I think I had originally started trying to reverse mount, but the motors were touching the baseplate during hard turns. Didn’t wanna mess with it further. I don’t mind the current setup.

2 Likes

If it works I wouldn’t either, I thought it was rubbing the hanger.

2 Likes

Nope, no contact! Def glad I got the guards mounted though, my casings were getting a bit beat up.

1 Like

Can you get a 3 jaw puller on it?

1 Like

Ordering one today

2 Likes

Yo guys, quick question maybe someone can help with. Just got my GT3 hubs in the mail, trying to install them. I was using Trampa superstars previously, and they just slid into the drive adapter. For the GT3 mount holes, it looks like the hub screws actually thread in.

Should I just skip the nuts on the drive wheels and thread them into the adapter? I’m just not sure how to tighten the nuts properly and still be able to thread it into the drive adapter. Pics below…