Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

Has anybody tried fitting MBS 9" wheels to these? I tried and the tire rubs just a touch on the gearbox. I’m trying to figure out the best solution. I made a custom spacer that is 1.5mm wider. This fixed the rubbing, but I’m not left with much thread for the axel nut. Has anyone else tried out 9" wheels?

3 Likes

648 is SUPER STRONG, it won’t go anywhere and takes forever when you do want it to come off. I’d say 648 is even stronger than red 271.

3 Likes

Yeah, I recently had to cut a pulley in half to get it off, I trust adhesives now

5 Likes

i mean, 648 do be a retaining compound
(highly advised not to use it on screws cough3DScough

i use 648 on shaft, 272 on all the screws i don’t wanna mess with later, like the motor and angle ones, and blue for the outside ones cause servicing

5 Likes

blep

btw, for anyone interested in protecting their beautiful gds

check back soon ish, i have more stuff on the way

8 Likes

@Evwan Pls print me a pair :pleading_face:

2 Likes

God bless you!

2 Likes

i gotchu! i’ll dm you the details

1 Like

Send me the file and I’ll do it when I get back to ny

I’m joining the GD club :+1:

Which amazon listing is the best retaining compound? Half the reviews on all of them say its fake…

8 Likes

I will send you some. I put a little bit in a dropper and then melt it closed :sunglasses:

5 Likes

you want a bottle? i have an extra of 648 i got laying around

2 Likes

I think Kevin got me covered. Thanks though :+1:

3 Likes

Are widened superstars compatible with these drives?

I want to go 9" tires but I’m not sure where to start.

3 Likes

well my 9in tire Fivestar set show up tomorrow so I hope you figure that out lmao

2 Likes

I haven’t inflated and ridden it yet but on the bench it works

2 Likes

Do you have the link for the STLs and info about them?

1 Like

Gah I gotta find them

3 Likes

I think using a thicker spacer and then using thread locker on the axle nut will get the job done.

1 Like

@JoeyZ5

@Pedrodemio has a great design I had @surfnacho print me up some with his special sauce mix
Can’t remember what it was
Also @Linesflag made some

13 Likes