Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

It would be interesting to see

This

Nothing beats mechanical interlocking, not relying on friction :metal:

4 Likes

I guess I could throw a bunch of spacers on each side to somewhat sandwich the sprocket in case the adhesive fails, what do you think @Boardnamics ?

Personally I wouldn’t put anything on the outside, but on the inner side, sure, if you wanted.

If you had something on the outside, you’d either need to have it rubbing on the case, which would suck, or risk it coming off inside, which is much worse given the steel gears - the main reason IMO to not have a setscrew.

2 Likes

You can do that but I don’t see a purpose since the gear could just as easily come off the other direction and also result in a loss of power. People often forget the pinion gear is being pushed in both directions. I wish it were that simple as it would be a no brainer and I would ship it with spacers so the force isn’t relying on adhesive alone.

4 Likes

I’m afraid of the key coming out and getting jammed in the gears.

On the motors that come bundled, how close is the end of the motor shaft to the drive casing?

1 Like

Basically all boardnamics products

2 Likes

The key is retained by the keyway, no way for it to come out and jam. The motor gear cannot slide off enough to allow for the key to fly out.

So really if the adhesive were to fail, you lose power. It wont send you flying.

Very close, 1mm.

4 Likes

Great, I’m satisfied now.

2 Likes

Wow… Haven’t seen her face in a hot minute

1 Like

that song is glued in my head

1 Like

I tried searching for more than 5 minutes, from what part on the motor do I cut 25.5 mm off? The circlip?

No need to cut the motor for the AT

1 Like

stock flipsky works fine?

Edit, it doesn’t

1 Like

No, 25.5mm must be remaining. So it’s stock - 25.5 is what you’re cutting off.

For my motors it’s no cutting required

1 Like

On Motors that aren’t yours, where do I start measuring, mounting face?

Yes. The effective length must be around 25mm

1 Like

@Boardnamics , do you have a total weight on the M1-AT drive?
I realize there’s 50+ configurations, but if you’ve got a ballpark

Yup, mounting face to tip. Make sure it’s absolutely no longer than 25.5. 25 is good

On mine, right smack to the edge of the key slot is where it ended up for me

1 Like

About 900g per drive

2 Likes