Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

well my 9in tire Fivestar set show up tomorrow so I hope you figure that out lmao

2 Likes

I haven’t inflated and ridden it yet but on the bench it works

2 Likes

Do you have the link for the STLs and info about them?

1 Like

Gah I gotta find them

3 Likes

I think using a thicker spacer and then using thread locker on the axle nut will get the job done.

1 Like

@JoeyZ5

@Pedrodemio has a great design I had @surfnacho print me up some with his special sauce mix
Can’t remember what it was
Also @Linesflag made some

13 Likes

Do you know how long the bolts need to be? I’m thinking 50 for the front and 56 for the back but I’m not sure I’ll probably just buy 60mm and cut them down.

2 Likes

I got 65mm and there way to long I’m thinking

I don’t have a caliber to measure @ahrav or @Linesflag you guys have any measurements :call_me_hand:

50mm. Both front and back.

2 Likes

I got a pack with 40mm-65mm in 5mm increments coming in the mail. Now to cut the motor shafts

2 Likes

With 50mm bolts you can use domed hex nuts on the front which looks really good imo. 47mm Bolts would be even better.

7 Likes

Oh that’s interesting. Can we see it from the other side?

be good to your gears, kids
don’t lube with a naked thumb :joy:

6 Likes

Sure, it’s just bolt heads and some washers to get the dome nuts to fit. Like I said, 47mm would be ideal, but you’d have to cut your own, I don’t think anyone sells those oddball sizes.

4 Likes

Oh woops I didn’t realize it got so off topic. I thought this was on the drive gear

1 Like

nah on the drive gear you’d fit it the regular way. :smiley:

2 Likes

Can permatex 29000 be used instead of loctite 648. I bought my drives second hand and they were assembled with blue 242. I dont have a puller but I do have a pencil torch. Do you suggest pulling the gear, cleaning, then reassembling with green 29000 or just applying the 2900 over top the blue. @Boardnamics
The blue is way stronger than I thought. I was thinking it was gonna be easy peazy

Do it right and take everything off and start fresh.

But green is self wicking

I believe it works better on a clean surface