Boardnamics discussions 184

I have the 220’s… however i did get the very first batch since kevin is in the same county

Just keep adding half inch riser till you’re clear bro lol

1 Like

Is there a hole to release Air as you tightening the bolt into the hanger?

I do not believe there is but im not at home to check

Lol ewww.

5 Likes

I have used Enertion caliber mounts and the single piece clamp is the worst part of the design by far, two piece clamps have significantly more clamping force for sure.

Gear drives have also only 2 set screws, but they never move. Weird.

Sorry, but I disagree with this statement. It really isn’t about relying on set screws or not. Set screws work fine, and it’s how we commonly hold clyndrical shafts to holes.

In the case of the TB 1 piece mount, the mating surfaces were simply not compatible due to the inaccuracies of a casted hanger, which means that the mount simply has little to no surface to rest on, other than on the threads of the set screws and 1 to 2 sides of 4 on the hanger. This leaves alot of room for the mount to wiggle in all directions (substantially on the roll and yaw axis), eventually vibrating the mount loose.

If one can maintain proper tolerances between the shaft and the hole and properly support the motor mount through good designing practices, it should not come loose with set screws.

3 Likes

Still sounds like user error to me lol

Mine have never needed re tightened after initial install.

There’s a reason @b264 uses them exclusively

5 Likes

I would love to electrify this.

5 Likes

Bust me with my own milled enertion clone mount, that had a fair amount of clamping force :innocent:

1 Like

Gear drives also have bushing/bearing that attaches to the gear and the mount, so they’re additionally secured to the axle. Any levererage on them is applied through the axle while a belt drive is transferred through the truck/mount interface.

2 Likes

Mine doesnt need retightening at all But im just saying I can visually inspect the mount and clearly see there are areas where its not clamping on as well as I would like whereas my boardnamics mounts clamp like nothing else.

Gotta agree with @Skunk here guys, the TB clamps are excellent when installed correctly using a ratchet and socket Allen bit to torque down the grub screws. Using a wheel with pulley as a square surface to align clamp and torque those fuckas down. Solid AF.

3 Likes

I have to wonder why no one has made hangers with built in mount plates like Evolve hangers do?

4 Likes

Sorry if my statement was too generalized. My point is that it’s just not feasible for eSk8 where we expect cross compatibility between trucks and mounts of different companies that share the caliber profile.

Setscrews on precision surfaces is fine, that’s how I held my first set of sprockets on with only a dremeled divot and a setscrew.

2 Likes

Fixed :clap: angle :clap: mounts :clap:

None of this ~adjustable ±10° mount nonsense

4 Likes

Just get a dremel and take 1mm off the mount iys easy. I agree @Gamer43 is lazy

2 Likes

Do it!!!

how is this less work than filing down the truck?