Boardnamics discussions 184

Better off with tb precision as a comparison and they are more dollars.

2 Likes

The kahua’s are worth every penny and then some, don’t get me wrong,

but, many builds can get away with using inferior trucks, even if they are more trouble like having to file down the TB218s >_<

It basically comes down to how much the buyers value their own time and sanity.

I am definitely getting kahuas for my next build as soon as I figure out how to mount shaft encoders to my motors.

1 Like

Why did you need to do that?

1 Like

Boardnamics mounts

1 Like

Oh… so you want to DIY by mixing and matching parts from different distributors but you don’t want to DIY by making them fit together, got it.
Sounds more like user error lol

9 Likes

Bruh, the TB truck clamps got loose and fell off.

never again

I’m not the only one who went ahead to file down the TB218 hangars to use boardnamics mounts; there were quite a few posts back on the old enertion forum about it.

1 Like

Still sounds like user error :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Idk, I didn’t install them. I got a partial build from a friend, he loctited and torqued down the set screws on the truck clamps.

I saw the imprints they left in the trucks, bleh. Two-piece (or precision) clamps or bust.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s whatever, the build took me two years to finally finish and I am not satisfied with it.

Rip me.

2 Likes

Skunk ILY but I’mma have to agree with @Gamer43 on this one. Those single piece mounts were absolute garbagio. Relying on setscrews alone is relying on the surface strength of the aluminum. 2 piece of single piece clamps or bust.

3 Likes

I Never am lol.

1 Like

I had a set that never moved… :man_shrugging:
Also the clearance on those two piece mounts is complete garbage.
My favorite caliber Mount to this day is a one piece clamp.
The original raptor caliber mounts are solid Af

5 Likes

Bergeisters or bust. :stuck_out_tongue:

:rofl:
Not every board has clearance for pneumatics.

It’s not an isolated incident. Happened on one of my trucks and Kevin swapped it out no problem. The same thing happened on the other truck now and that shit is not budging. We should be able to switch between wheels without wondering whether the shoulder bolt will decide to get stuck or not. To his credit, Kevin has been 100% spot on with the customer service. The second one would be taken care of but i have honestly been lagging…

1 Like

half inch risers ftw!

I learned that the hard way, wheelbite going down the curb and degloved my palm oof.

Do we expect this to happen to all of his precision trucks? I have the 220s. I’ll install it soon on the guest board. I’d rather swap it out now than later.

So pardon my ignorance since I’ve never used shoulder bolt trucks.

Does the shoulder bolt tighten down to a flat inside the truck, or does it clamp the bearing stack first?

My suspicion is that if it’s tightening on a flat inside, then the initial tightening causes some slight deformation which then galls and screws everything

Also having a spec on the shoulder bolt dimensions would help 3000. Shoulder OD and thread size?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
That doesn’t solve the problem on clearance for decks not shaped pneumatics.

1 Like