Boardnamics discussions 184

Yo has anyone had this happen before, I have @Boardnamics 184s and everything was great until I tried to take a shoulder bolt off and it was so tight I thought it had completely seized. I’ve managed to muscle it to this point and it’ll still turn but the bolt won’t come out. What the fuck is with that?

2 Likes

Might be a pressure seal? You can roast the aluminum and hope it expands or drill a pin hole into the void space at the ends of the tapped hole

4 Likes

It’s been roasted, this is some bullshit

2 Likes

Make sure you’re only heating the aluminum, if the steel gets hot and expands too it’s not gonna do much good…it’s not like there’s gonna be rust to break away

Poke a hole in I guess, unless you wanna cut the end of the bolt and thread it…have a permanent axle

1 Like

Lol I don’t wanna cut, drill, anything like that. Just want the bolt to work like it should

Probably a pressure seal. They fit really tight, which is great imho

I’ve found not to overtighten the shoulder bolts as well. Just rather snug is perfect

2 Likes

Any tips to break the seal? The suction seems extreme. Like I’m malleting this bitch and it’s not budging

1 Like

And there’s no threads engaged anymore

1 Like

Note taken: don’t screw in the bolts until I’m 500% ready

What mounts would you guys use if you can’t remove the bolt? :thinking:

1 Like

Put that shit in a vice and get in there with pliers… Or maybe try and lube the bolt and slide it back and forth to hopefully lube the whole thing?

1 Like

what happens when you want to change something?

4 Likes

Aparently you don’t :joy:

3 Likes

Try loosening the motor plate clamp. It might give a little more wiggle room in the aluminum.

3 Likes

Did both, vice didn’t work, and it won’t go in any furter. These suck

1 Like

So far not impressed with Kevin’s parts, his mounts won’t stop slipping on the 220s, and now the bolt is completely stuck in these with no loctice or overtightening

5 Likes

Hopefully mine are different :frowning:

I don’t want to lose my wheels to some trucks :v

You know that the shoulder bolt can also contribute to this

Well fuck whatever the shoulder bolt is lol, gonna take it to a machine shop tomorrow and hopefully then can do something. I’ve never seen something this tight, I can barely turn it anymore

Maybe a fucked thread?

1 Like

Possibly

1 Like