Boardnamics ABEC and Kegel Pressfit Bearing Pulleys

Belt sander the pins down? Might take awhile though…

1 Like

Angle grinder is like 5 minutes total

1 Like

Or a saw :man_shrugging:

steel 17T HTD5M motor pulleys 8mm⌀ x 15mm with 3mm keyway and dual flanges…

It seems there are no odd 11T, 13T, 17T or 19T pulleys. You tried eskating.eu ? Perhaps they may, although they clearly state they don’t run those.

11T is generally considered to be too small for reasonable use, the amount of strain on the belts from bending around something that small and having to be so tight so it doesn’t slip because only 6 teeth are biting will destroy the belt

2 Likes

eskating dot eu is where you go if you want someone who tells you off, offers no customer service, takes 5 months to ship orders, and is a general dickhead. It’s basically like lighting money on fire, except without the fire.

There are a few much better companies to buy from on that side of the pond. How about @Anubis? Much much better choice.

The last time I got pulleys from Alberto I wished I had just carved them from stone, because it’d have been easier and faster than dealing with that dickwad.

4 Likes

Oh, didn’t know it was that bad.

1 Like

Well as you already know, this :point_down: dudette came today out of the blue to solve the issue.

2 Likes

I got my 40T Kegel pulleys stuck AF. These v2 Boas have holes that are a little too tight. I once knew that but must have forgotten before I stood on them during assembly and applied force against the cement floor.

I can unscrew and remove the toothed portion, but even then I think the pins are in there for good.

I figure I have 2 options:

1. Remove it; does anyone know of a good way to squeeze those pins back out without destroying the wheel core?

2. Leave it; I don’t mind keeping these as strictly drive wheels. Hey Kevin @Boardnamics , do you have extra parts to be able to sell me a set of everything minus the teeth? Or alternatively does anyone out there have a set with trashed teeth they want to part with?

Paging @b264 and his 2x4 and hammer

2 Likes

Yes I have extra kegel adapters

3 Likes

These are the new China Boa wheels, eh?

Paging @rafaelinmissouri

6 Likes

Yeah you can try this…

How to remove/install a brand_name kegel wheel pulley [SRO]

2 Likes

They live there now Bro.
The alternative ain’t pretty…

4 Likes

grab a few super long M4 screws (either cap head or countersunk, it has to be flat), i usually use 50+mm ones, screw cap facing the ground, align those screw to the pins, grab towel or whatever for more grip, wrap around the wheel and force ur whole body weight on just the wheel, then pray it will come out :rofl:

that’s how i regularly remove 3ds pulley from my TB110 / blue cag

1 Like

That didn’t work for the China 'thane Boa cores when Rafael tried it. It just enlarges the pins and makes them stuck even more, like rivets.

It’s the knockoff fake china kegel core that is the problem, I think.

Think of this core as “kegel clones” in much the same way that “abec clone” cores are not 100% compatible.

1 Like

sounds about right, that’s also one of the reason i can’t use the onsra 115mm wheels on anything

I think it’s the core at fault. The pins on my kegel pulleys run on the smaller side compared to other pulleys on the market. The fit shouldn’t require you stepping on the pulley to get it in. The genuine labeda wheels I tested all needed hand force only.

6 Likes

Yeah, I knew I fucked up as soon as I felt how much resistance there was. But then I promptly went for a long skate and forgot about the entire situation until many weeks later when I wanted to change things up.

Now that I am being more careful test fitting my pulleys before going full ham, I discovered that my TB100s that I always thought were impossibly tight actually have flipped cores. They fit perfectly on the wrong side. BC those wheels are center set I am planning to run them with the labels facing in.

4 Likes

Looking forward to trying out the 40t I ordered a while back.

2 Likes