Boardnamics 270mm Hangers + Surfrodz 10-8 Fixed Axles

Torqueboards new Precision trucks the axle is too short i think, correct ?

8mm portion is 36mm

Too short, yeah. The standard is around 34mm I think. You need 40+

Extended axles are the future :sunglasses:

3 Likes

About the ajustable baseplate, , what is difference between Reg and Low ,… and is the ajustements made with multiple holes ?

The height difference between 0deg and 60deg? (minimum and maximum angles)

Yes the adjustment can be made with a single hex key.

1 Like

thanks

Extended axles are the future

For future reference I suggest you enlarged typical 220 hangers 50mm axles by another 4mm up to 54mm total! Nowadays geared drives regularly sit at the hanger tip covering a few mil to both sides, taking hanger space and axle space simultaneously, thus the requirement for 54mm long axles (44mm usable). Some big wheels are centerset and sometimes they occupy a large portion of the axle leaving no room for geared drives.

2 Likes

Well my gear drives fit the current 50mm axles with some room to spare, so :smiley:

They didn’t at first, but some clever geometry got the thickness down

6 Likes

No, nothing is ever cheap because those people live on the other side of the planet have to pay for shipping. :frowning_face:

@Tamatoa @glyphiks

5 Likes

Right? Trying to justify me needing kegel pulleys so i don’t have to pay shipping on just axles :joy:

3 Likes

Any issue with corrosion? It would appear that two dissimilar metals would be bolted together.

2 Likes

How do the pulleys fit on popoca?

1 Like

@Bboy235 you’re in luck! Just what you wanted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well my gear drives fit the current 50mm axles with some room to spare, so :smiley:

They didn’t at first, but some clever geometry got the thickness down

Cool :grinning:. Are they in offer right now? :open_mouth:

No, still testing.

1 Like

I’ll have them in the UK (At some point), if you’re literally only after axles the shipping from here is only like $10 AUD

4 Likes

@Boardnamics, got any GDs schematics you can share?

Been breaking my head trying to decide what system to use on the BN220 + 107mm EF centerset. First choice was GDs from @IDEA but found some limiting space constrictions (those dreaded 4mm). Next in line will be his own standard mounts and third choice will be @ATC mounts. (Don’t worry, I like complicated things. This drive system will be made out of 5 or 6 different manufacturers :grin::laughing: )

Thats a great offer, thanks. That’s pretty funny tho, US to UK to Aus :joy:

Actually this makes me think - what gear drive even fits centerset wheels? The pins would have to be extended AF

2 Likes

:rofl: Taiwan -> US -> UK -> Aus, its literally gone around the world more than once by that point

4 Likes

Yeah, prbly. But nowadays everything could be custom made. @ATC, @IDEA, @Janux-esk8, etc all can make custom jobs by the asking. :wink: Lots of manufacturers are willing to change or alter their standard products to fit special requirements. Is not like we are talking Everest here.

2 Likes