Boardnamics 270mm Hangers + Surfrodz 10-8 Fixed Axles

Thanks I’m whistling the correct top secret tune now

4 Likes

Anyone know if I can put the 270s with pneumatic wheels on a Switchblade deck (10" wide) without getting wheelbite? I’ve seen the longest Surfrodz config bite with 6" wheels, and I’m hoping on putting 8" Rockstars potentially without needing to move the mounting holes.

I am not 100% sure, but most likely yes. If they are not enough for it, you can get wheelbase extenders from @IDEA
Just search for Aluminum dropdown bracket on the forum and you will find the solution. Most likely these hangers will be enough tho.

I would be interested whether they can fit as well. I have the same deck and I am planning to use 6 inch tires next year. With an adjustable baseplate matrix II setup they would fit for sure, but thats not exactly cheap, so I would rather go for the 270 hangers if they are enough.

I want to avoid moving the mounting holes if possible, since it would put more pressure on the forks because the lever arm is longer. If it were a platform top mount I’d be ok with it, but with a double drop I have questions on durability.

This is the topic I meant. about reply 120 is where idea appears

I did attempt to fabricate my own, but i couldn’t get the holes neat enough drilling by hand.

You can get a professional billet machined aluminum skateboard hole pattern drill.

s-l300

4 Likes

Lot of money for a small block of aluminum with holes :face_with_monocle:

Boardnamics Skateboard Hole Jig $12.99

9 Likes

Do it

2 Likes

8 minutes later… :astonished:

15 Likes

Great. @Boardnamics hole pattern drill jig wasn’t available half hour ago :roll_eyes:. That’s why you need competition. Increase creativity and lower the costs.

@Boardnamics, now go fabricate a bunch, call deck manufacturers and DIYers and sell the drill jigs.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: nice one! I’m gonna get my cnc dude to cut me one :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Maybe just use a riser pad

4 Likes

Print out template 1:1 stick on deck, drill holes. 2 cents

Print out 2, able to compare straightness. 4 cents

4 Likes

I must have this.
PM sent

2 Likes

One hole is smaller than the others?

1 Like

good eye.

2 Likes

Haha guess that’s why you don’t spend under 10 minutes on CAD.

I am not having these made, but if I were to, they would be made out of steel and last forever.

4 Likes

It would be pretty cheap to get some water jet or laser cut steel pieces like this. It might look a bit rough but who cares if it’s just a drilling guide

1 Like

Yes they would be laser cut from 10mm mild steel. Would cost around $3-4 each

5 Likes