Blutstern - Rocket longboard, 10s6p, 4WD 58KV China Direct Drive

So is the plan a 12s4p? Might be tight w a 4wd…

How many cycles on these? Worth it to try and bump charge?

no, its 10s5p. 2Ah more capacity with less overall width of the pack(s) compared to the old battery. Plus I gained some knowledge in the meantime meaning it will be better build than before :smiley: Should also sag less since 40T are rated at 35A continuous making the pack theoretically capable of 175A compared to the 10s6p VTC with safe 90A-120A peak :slight_smile:

Maybe I try to resurrect them but won’t use them in an electric vehicle :smiley: but as a power source for some IoT-thing :thinking:

1 Like

The k-onion chemistry is reputed to be very resilient so I would try and get your groups back up to storage charge and let them sit for a while and then cycle them a few times.

Full disclosure, I have never tried to bring them back to life before but there’s lots of true believers on endless sphere lol

1 Like

1 Like

Nice! Rock and roll dude :metal:t2:

Tried it with one cell yesterday, just checked it and it’s still on 3.5v. Seems like the Eldar of endless sphere were right about the konion :slight_smile: but I won’t use them for high discharge applications just to be sure :slight_smile:
Maybe a big battery for camping :thinking: Still have some NESE left.

3 Likes

Making progress:

Tomorrow I’ll take the packs to work where I can spotweld (My Sunkko can’t be run at home, blows the fuses :D). Btw, the Sunkko does make welds that are tiny compared to most others but they hold up. No broken welds discovered while I disassembled the old battery.

Trying to match the slight curve the deck has. Tried it last time but mixed up the order or something :smiley: This time I learned and documented everything. Cabling will also be much more thought through :wink:

3 Likes

Printed tpu tubes for the balance cable routing :wink:

I know your pain, sounded like a great idea when assembling

What I do now is to put in a heat shrink and only let the silicone touch it, if I need to remove the battery, just cut it and remove the cells, still a pain to remove the shrink remains and silicone residue, but at least there is no chance of damaging the cells

1 Like

This time I’m doing the same but with kapton :slight_smile:

I connected the 5p-packs with 3x14awg silicone wires to have some flex. It isn’t needed but why not :slight_smile: Its for my tank so a bit more security is not bad :slight_smile: They are seperated with fishpaper and a TPU strip i printed. TPU is very abrasion resistant and has a high molding point so I think its a good choice. For this battery I took my time, put a bit of brain in the balance wire routing before I put everything together and have to improvise :smiley:

3 Likes

On the road again :sunglasses::star_struck::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

5 Likes