Blue Dream | 39" Demonseed | Go-FOC D75 | 12s4p P42A | FSBH 6374 190kv

Yes.

1 Like

Think about liability. Guess which country has stronger consumer protection laws:

China or Canada

1 Like

I can only imagine how upset I’d be spending $2,500 or so on a production board and receive an unreliable vesc…

2 Likes

Yeah… We shall see. Obviously we wish no ill on people that to purchase, hopefully most people have a good experience

2 Likes

The ABS enclosures aren’t too great. I personally would use the ABS 'tiller enclosure as a mould to fiberglass around. You can sand the ABS with light sandpaper to get rid of the surface sheen and fiberglass will stick to it. Then you can also address the problems where it doesn’t sit flat against the deck.

A custom formed eBoosted enclosure would work better but I think those are only for the Demonseed 42 size.

If you use the ABS by itself, it’s all but guaranteed to crack at the boltholes, and you’ve seen the fitment issues already.

Another thing to remember is that the deck has concave so make sure the battery will fit in the enclosure, height-wise, in the center where the deck dips down into it.

Instead of fiberglassing the whole enclosure, you could also do a ring around the edge which will keep the boltholes from cracking and also be easier.

Either way, it will be really difficult to make it look nice, but working well I feel like should come before appearance. Who cares what it looks like if it breaks after 4 rides.

5 Likes

Yey.
Demonseed!!!
Nice.

one thing About the Tenka besides the question marks about reliability, is that it does not come with blue tooth.

so that is a bummer.

Bluetooth module is a must have in my opinion.

I think if you run a ppm remote you should be able to add a Flipsky Bluetooth module.
so you should double check on that.

2 Likes

I have gone through a bunch of Dave’s enclosures.
broken screw holes on a bunch of them. but have managed not to mess some of them up.

use foam gasket under. a washer and rubber washer. and don’t tighten the screws too much…
and tape everything to the deck.

5 Likes

That’s such great advice.

Planned on doubling up on this for a 5/8 in gasket with 30mm screws . I’ll have to find the appropriate metal and rubber gaskets to protect these bolt holes. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

I purchased a 42" Demonseed in hopes of using eboosted’s enclosure. That deck was just to big for me at a hair over 5’10".

The enclosure doesn’t sit well at all but I believe I can tinker with it until it’s acceptable. Hopefully the almost 1 inch foam weatherstrip I plan to use will help in getting a snug fit. Examining how it sits with only 7/16", I’m sure it won’t be horrible. Really only worried about the front end where the gap is disgusting. Maybe black silicone adhesive will bring everything together?

No its very good and a Unity is even better than a Tenka specifically.
The Tenka has most of the same trusted components as a Unity minus a few like BT adaptor.

Note: Good is not Great, Good is not he Best, Good for some is not Good enough.

Anyone saying the Tenka is not good is has:

A: Not tried it and is on a hating the creator band wagon, I dont care for drama and drama dont decide what works and what dont, well maybe it can… but now Im rambling.

B: they just have a issue with the seller for personal reasons, which hold no weight to the products reliability.

I mean lets say in “theory” we have a perfect ESC, which we do not, but lets say we do.
Now that perfect in all way, shape and form ESC’s creator/seller kills puppies. Thats wrong yes 110% imo but does the reliability of this theoretical perfect in all way shape and form ESC become less now due to the owners actions?.. Idk… seems like a easy answer to me but some have trouble with this one.

C: they have had it fail and dont trust it. (Please link if found)

1 Like

Tenka has not sold enough units imo to have any good statistics on this Question.

As for performance a 60D is more compared to a Unity and in that regard.
The Unity has been around longer and tested by more riders than a Stormecore.
The Storecore was developed by the same person who created the Unity.
An the Tenka is a Unity but not as powerful. So use the facts and try and draw your
own conclusion. In a way all these products are developed by the same person but distributed
by different sellers under different brands.

I myself have pretty tried to kill my unity in may ways and well it will not falter.
Seeing as the Tenka is a more budget version of the tried and tested Unity.
I don not see how any rider can say that a Tenka is less reliable unless they
have some personal beef with the creator of the Tenka. In that case the info does not
help Esk8 but just helps to give false info on good products. Even if you bought one
and it failed, we would need more than one to call this a un-reliable product.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input. As someone with little experience building, I rely on others for their insight and to learn from their experiences. I’ve always heard good things about unity but found conflicting views on Tenka.
As an early adopter, I recognize the risk of dealing with a questionable outlier. Most of what I’ve read is like you said - hating or a scaring experience.

I do the same, there was a time when Unity seller was respected and in that timeframe Unity was
not looked down upon. If you check out my YT channel you can see the same Unity being put through the test.

I get this is not a Tenka but same maker and well almost all same components. I think it will be
hard to hurt the Tenka.

1 Like

Demonseed!! I think Tenka came with wire for Bluetooth so I’m sure it’ll support it. I wasn’t concerned with the Bluetooth beforehand because I don’t mind opening up my enclosure. Saw Simone connect their USB to the vesc and had USB end water sealed outside of the enclosure. I may reconsider and just do Bluetooth.

1 Like

Doesn’t help that my Tenka arrived like this.

that

1 Like

Is fine its just some conformal coating to help water seal it.
I can all be removed tbh, and if anything may even help with heat if you remove it.
Mine has same thing covering it. The Unity has none of that coating but has a silicon cover.

Yea I figured it was nothing. I’m really hoping these minor tares came from physically testing my vesc before shipment.

1 Like

:rofl: i think you can rest assured that that didnt happen.

The unity is a great motor controller. But it has one huge flaw. The antispark failure is a really common problem. Most of the time you can get around the failure by just using a loop key. But sometimes it fails in a way that just will not allow you to turn it on.

2 Likes

Yeah no need to buy a stormcore before you’ve even turned the Tenka on to test it, but as future advice: don’t buy it or the Unity. Plenty of options nowadays from reliable vendors.

2 Likes