BLACKLIGHT - Elofty Direct Drive / Focbox Unity / 97mm Abec Clones / 10s Swappable Lipo / DIY 3D Printed 2-part Enclosure / Skateshred Deck w/ glass & 3d printed frit

The problem here is layer adhesion, not stiffness. Carbon fiber will actually reduce the layer adhesion.

Ownboard has cnc elofty abec adaptors for $40 they are made for the ver 2 elofty but should fit yours if you sand the axel.

1 Like

What? Vapor bath doesn’t distort the part? It takes alittle layer off the top and it loses detail.

can you link these for me please, I’ve looked all over their website…TIA

1 Like

Not on website dm him here or email them.

@Liuqiu-Ownboard
Royal pain to deal with I am having Kenna PTSD…

1 Like

I totally understand! hahahaha and feel your pain… thanks for the info!!!

1 Like

Vapor bathed ABS definitely wasn’t the right solution

7 Likes

Is this breaking from.normal riding?

Yeah completely normal riding. If even call it mellow riding. I need to try petg or maybe design some bolt on until I can get metal ones

1 Like

weird… so weird I have 100s of miles on my ABS vapor bathed ABEC adapters… I’ve only experienced one failure and that was when the outer wheel bearing disintegrated and then the adapter failed…

1 Like

Is your STL public?

More accent details. :+1:

5 Likes

I have a feeling that I now understand what may be the culprit of your adapter failure…

On my adapters I made, I added an internal bearing support…

and added an additional inside wheel bearing.

without the additional bearing, the end of the motor can, can “float” I.E. the can is not supported at the nut end and only held in place with friction on the oversized stator.

This caused a misalignment of the motor and the wheel during loading or while riding, the weakest link in the existing set-up is the adapter lugs that will work while in the relatively unsupported wheel, and will eventually fail.

3 Likes

May I ask you how have you painted the top of the deck? Have you glued something there?

My Elofty + Unity + Swappable Lipo combo is still going strong. Time for some much needed wheel upgrades! Been itching to try these boas even though I know they aren’t the same quality as the OG ones. (Also fuck Jed)

I’ll be able to finally use the metal kegel adapters that came with these drives instead of my 3D printed + metal ones I created.

1 Like

These still look perfect fine after plenty of miles. Happy with how these adapters turned out. I’ll hold onto them just in case I need to use abecs again

5 Likes

Hi I’m trying to strip my elofty/ boundmotor direct drives to check the bearings. Got mad noise coming from the cans. Can you give a step by step guide to opening them up and replacing bearings. Thanks

read here…

maybe search that thread for @kook posts… it’s all there

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back. I worked it out and they’re running much better.

4 Likes