Black Fox Boards - East Coast Battery Building Services

this is almost a must, I have one i can put 4 cells into. Thankfully tho I find it very rare that new cells come unbalanced. Used tho, yeah so much more labor involved in reusing cells.

1 Like

I have found the same. liionwholesale for instance is pretty consistent with the batch you get being all the same voltage.

1 Like

so balancing rig?

a.) XsYp balance charger attached to thing you can you can stick cells in.

b.) direct pgroup balancer… bleed resistors??

c.) hardcore. just connect the pgroups together, current spike isn’t that big and tapers off quick?.. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Let me dig it out after dinner and il post a pic its suuuuuper simple

1 Like

Does anyone have a cell holder for 21700 cells?

In this style ideally, I wanna make it hold 6 cells so I can use my iMax B6, also the JST pins that lipo batteries use, a 7pin connector would be ideal

2 Likes

bob’s ur uncle

7 Likes

so 12 cell holders in series with balance leads. with extra leads to direct measure cells or patch it into a 10s or 8s or 4s or whatever you want?

1 Like

yup. With the option to simply slip in welded p-groups. Two positive mains, multiple negative mains, and dual 6S balance out. I cut out the edges out of the balance input board’s connectors so i could step it down to whatever on the one side, but the other side is always 6S. 9S was for arcboard batteries and for my 9s4p spark-board lol

it saves time and allows you to use a more accessible dual 6S hobby balance charger of your choice. I’m using the EV-PEAK CD3. its kind of buggy sometimes when powering it on but in the end it gets the job done well.

3 Likes

So i have a question. I need a BMS but dont know what ratings i need or anything for that matter🤣
Im building a, i dont know what im building yet​:thinking::roll_eyes: i have 35 18650 cells from my last battery that are all balanced and useable. I believe. I want to use as many as possible

35 cells gets you a 10s3p, what cells are they? If you use a bypass BMS it doesn’t matter but if you are using discharge you don’t want to under spec the BMS

Li-ion

I don’t recognize that, where did you get them from?

I have no idea where they originally came from. They were in the complete build i bought. Of course the only thing stock anymore is the deck

Its an LG m26 cell. 10Amp discharge 2600mAh. Common scooter cell.

1 Like

Any ideas on the ratings for the BMS i need for a 10s3p?

36V 30A continuous will be fine since the cells shouldn’t exceed that either.

Is that gonna limit my power since i have my vesc set for 80a?

You cannot have a vesc set for 80A battery with those cells. 30A is the max continuous discharge.

1 Like

That’s how you get a fire…

1 Like