Bioboards Thorium X4 AT Ferrari Edition - possibly the fastest eks8 ever made!

Even the sound his board makes at that speed is terrifying.

4 Likes

Those poor bearings putting in the work!

5 Likes

Holy shit that’s impressive. I don’t think you would walk away from a 91mph crash though

7 Likes

I did some sums to work out the rpm and it’s got to be between 8000-9000 rpm, insanity.

3 Likes

What wheel size? At 70mm that’s spinning at 11krpm

Some wheels literally separate from the core from centripetal force at that speed

6 Likes
14 Likes

How are those trucks not even budging?!?! Mine rattle like crazy at like half throttle, are they just super tight? Or is you stuff that balanced

3 Likes

Balanced. They are tight but not super, still not to hard to turn

5 Likes

yeah, you gotta hit up Guinness world records! and get that paperworks done!

6 Likes

How does on balance them? My mountain board makes a valient effort to leave the bench

3 Likes

Make sure trucks is 100% staight, use small weights on wheels. You could probely ask a car company to help you

1 Like

4wd does not use much current at all :smile:

1 Like

also putting in that slime that seales the tube when punctures helps to balance the wheel

1 Like

@mackann

Do you have a link to the weights you use on the wheels to balance them?

1 Like

Go here

5 Likes

@mackann just have seen your latest insta post where you bench test the board to show what’s the max unloaded speed.
I noticed that on full duty the battery percentage drop from 93% to 75% and in the moment you accelerate even down to 40% for a split second. Isn’t that a big issue? I mean that’s now without load. Don’t want to know how hard the pack is sagging when you on top of the board.
Any thoughts in getting a bigger pack?

2 Likes

Yes, its a 13s6p 30q so it will sag some, but its still not that mutch and a big pack, but I have a big 18S 40T ready for it that will sag less. I just need to order a charger and im ready to go with it.

8 Likes

Great project Markus! Love it! Keep safe :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

As long as you’re not too picky about what “walk away” means, motorcycle racers do it all the time.

10 Likes

So… how about some news on this esc that can do 18s?

:thinking:

5 Likes