8 Likes

Both sizes of shaft made in steel in stock to support all most common rims:

Thanks to all who ordered, shipping out today :pray::call_me_hand:

11 Likes

I cant wait to do the review on this 4wd set, it looks dam good

9 Likes

Nice! :fire:

1 Like

What’s the hanger profile for the 300mm RKP trucks? Are there adapters available for these drives and 20x20mm profile trucks?

1 Like

The hanger has built in adapters for our hangers so you dont need any adapter. The only adapter we have atm for other trucks is for matrix 3.

Would it possible for us to get dimensions on what the geardrives mount to, to design our own adapters? I’ve ordered one and already intend on doing so, but if i can get a head start and begin designing my own hanger adapter that would be great haha. 300mm RKP is just too wide for my uses.

1 Like

Welp, mine came in and i’m already mocking up prototypes. First one up is a 19mm hex pattern hanger for my own savage1 hangers, and a lower profile otang dadbod wheel adapter to give me more spacing between my motors. Besides the requirement of adapting it to your own stuff, these gear drives are awesome. Quality machining for sure.

If anyone has requests on an adapter made to fit these drives onto some other hanger profile, let me know and i’ll see if i have the hanger geometry on hand to mock it up for you. You’d need to do the fitment and fine tuning of the model yourself but i can probably get it close enough to start.

6 Likes

What were the included hanger dimensions? If one were to hammer off the included adapter. And do the gear drives rely on the axle being 10mm, or would any size do?

3 Likes

I didnt purchase my set with hangers, so i have no clue on specifics. I have rough reverse engineered dimensions on the mounting face for the gear drive and bearing seat though. (And i think their hanger doesnt have the adapter removable, it looks like its a part of the original billet part)

As for axle size, doesnt seem like it matters. The wheel gear is supported by a much larger ID bearing that sits on the hanger section, not the axle.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I did put a matrix 3 adapter with the shipment so you could get some inspiration. But it looks like you already solved it. The thinner bigger bearing is for that one and the thicker is the normal one we use with our hanger. I added both for you.

1 Like

If you play with you own adapters and wheels. The most important is that you put the correct lengh on the spacer between rim/wheel here:

If it’s longer then the difference of how mutch spacer sticks out from geardrive and wheel mount and bearing position difference it will push the wheel gear out from geardrive and scratch against case when you tight the hanger axle nut.

4 Likes

So it seems thst the interior 16005 bearing deals with inboard facing axial loads, while the wheel bearings deal with outboard facing axial load? Ive currently got it set up so that the main wheel gear is 1.5mm offset from the interior mounting plate, with the wheel being pushed up against the gear drive. Will fine tune the spacing with some shims.

Also, thanks for sending the additional adapter!

3 Likes

Motors will finally arrive next week @mackann so excited to drop these videos soon after

Qinds and pro 2 hubs fits well on the hangers

2 Likes

To anyone interested, i can indeed confirm that these can be adopted onto a set of savage1 TKP’s with 19mm hex pattern on them. Also managed to integrate the wheel spacing to properly constrain everything into the mount adapter instead of needing a separate spacer.

18 Likes

ITS HAPPENING FINALLY

7 Likes

Cut the motor shafts and half of the installation video is done, once my keyways show up i can record the last half of installation.

3 Likes