Bioboards Eskate Webshop

Tried to vote for you but it wouldn’t let me select a worst esk8 brand so I couldn’t submit the form. I suspect Potter is sabotaging.

4 Likes

Voted for ya where I could.

Also cant belive Carvons still on the list.

2 Likes

Thanks mate

1 Like

Are you looking to buy an Electric Skateboard in 2019?

Yes Jay Boston. I am looking to buy an esk8 in the next 4 days.

10 Likes

I said yes

Guess I gotta get a board now

2 Likes

Sorry, would rather vote for Enertion. They fulfilled about 0 raptor orders in 2019. And the other nonexistent company, Inboard. Too bad there is no Mboards option.

6 Likes

Check out Jay Boston review of Thorium X4

12 Likes

Lovely but there is no way he was gonna get anywhere close to hitting top speed on that road :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you all for the first year!

Here is a few things waiting for next board:

32 Likes

Great Job Markus!

3 Likes

AT version:

Trucks:
:white_check_mark:Precision cnc baseplates with 7075-T6 Aluminium made with 0,005 mm tolerance
:white_check_mark:Precision cns hangers with titanium shaft
:white_check_mark:Bushings and pivot made by the best bushing manufactory in the world: @RipTideSports
:white_check_mark:Wide amount of options of durometer of bushings for the perfect stability and carve for your weight
:white_check_mark:43° rear baseplate and 49° front baseplate for ultimate stability on high speed
:white_check_mark:Super wide hangers which gives you confidence and stability at high speeds

Gears:
:white_check_mark: Precision made gear drives with extremely high quality
:white_check_mark:No belt that can snap, no belt that can jump over cogs under heavy braking and heavy acceleration for safer and better acceleration and braking
:white_check_mark:Very low maintenance need, only need to add new grease a few times a year to keep the sound low
:white_check_mark:Helical gears for lower sound
:white_check_mark:Angular contact ball bearings to sustain the axial loads
:white_check_mark:Longer range and better freeroll thanks to lower resistant in gears compared to belt

Motors:
:white_check_mark: Huge 4500W! 6396 140KV motors for insane acceleration and performance
:white_check_mark: Big ass ball bearings inside motor for longer lifetime and less vibrations

Wheels:
:white_check_mark:Big 200mm Tyres to ride over most things – You can worry less of road cracks
:white_check_mark:Precision CNC machined rims from two pieces of aluminium
:white_check_mark:Solid Core hubs are produced using CNC milling machine from a solid hunk of extruded aluminium that has been T651 Heat treated (Aerospace-grade quality) all of which is constructed & connected together using marine grade stainless steel nuts & bolts which lets to provide absolute precision and rigidness for those bumpy roads.

29 Likes

OH LORDY, gimme gimme gimme

4 Likes

Those TB110 arctic blues are moneyyyyy.

2 Likes

Street version:

14 Likes

You guys should think about a single drive budget version perhaps. The gear drives always come in pairs, so there’s no way really to get a cheap single drive gear drive DIY part build atm. I’m just thinking – a single 6396 motor is already more powerful than most dual drive prebuilts, surely there’s an untapped market between an exway and a tank :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: single drive is more efficient, so you can get the same range with a smaller (cheaper) battery. You could really cut down on overall cost.

8 Likes

Is single drive actually more efficient? I think it depends on ride conditions and ride style. I guess its how much you heat up the motor vs the extra weight/resistance of a second drive, because if you’re constantly pushing 90 amps and heating everything up when you could be pushing 40-45 on each without high temps which actually loses more energy

100% there is a fat market gap around $1500. Nothing really exists bar maybe like a single drive trampa or something weird like that (Or boosted but lmao)

3 Likes

Can’t find the source anymore, but on the old forum there was a thread where people discussed this, and it ended up being something related to the physics of driving 1 motor vs 2, blah blah blah too difficult for me to understand :frowning_face: (I think it might have been @professor_shartsis or @linsus who were arguing about it)

Calculators like calc.3dservisas.eu divide your range by 2 if you switch from 1WD to 2WD, although in practice people report it just being around a 30% loss. (Of course, for the same power you need a larger motor to decrease heat.) If you look at the people who get the most range, they’re usually single drive builds.

I think it would be a great idea to re-open the discussion to find out why dual drive is less efficient. Maybe someone who understands it well could explain it at a level that everyone understands :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The problem with a general 30% figure I’d guess is if someone goes from pulling 70 amps on a single setup to 55 amps on each on dual its not exactly half (I think most people switch over to dual to get more performance so they’d probably use it), I think it would be interesting to see if you set max amps to 35 and see how it goes.

But yea, 100% release a single drive imo

2 Likes

Motor and electric control theory are big subjects to cover and not that easy to just lay down. I’d say reading dem books would give you a good foundation but you still wouldn’t be an expert.

Thing is that an electrical motor has to work under a good amount of load to be in its top efficiency levels, it’s meant to get hot, if it its not then its outside of its operating span and a smaller motor would be beneficial. The load of a esk8 is far from linear. If we push 50amps+ its for relativly short peroids of time. adding a second motor to share the load there will get you to place B quicker but there are very few scenarios where a dual motor setup is more efficient than a single.
The extra static consumption/drag that one extra motor adds simply outweighs the efficiency it brings to the table. (make note that efficiency and power are two very different things)

Gearing plays a big part of course here of course…
Only exmaple I can bring from experience is a board I ran on 12/34 gearing with a 5050(?) sk3 motor. On relativly flat ground I had great milage. Sadly datalogging wasnt really present then unless you brought a laptop with a USB cable. So I cant swear on a wh/km, but I had trouble draining my 10S3P empty on my ventures. It didint like bigger climbs tho, small hills were fine but it got way to hot on anything big.

5 Likes

No the limiting factor is stoping power need 2 wheels braking 1 just has not got the friction needed to stop quick enough with out skiding.

If there was a way of 1 motor runing 2 wheels like a go cart then it would be eg 2 gear boxes and a extended axel then it would be practical. untill then 1WD is just not practical but this would only save a VESC and motor so €300 ish and a good option for a little pocket rocket of a light commuter build IMO

1 Like