Bioboards Eskate Webshop

Ah not yet, just apk for now

Any exclusive/ purpose built features or just a UI redesign?

Mostly ui but the main thing is when connect you can choose the board you have and have all settings and mode pre set for that board.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s cool - can you set up entirely custom boards? I have metr in my street and mountainboard

2 Likes

I think itā€™s more the app has all their models
Pre loaded into it

Yes you can choose custom and do the motor and battery settings and add your own modes just like normal metr if you have a DIY board and want to use the app.

2 Likes

Ooh okay gotcha.

Yeah the only way I know to switch is by selecting the bluetooth module in the settings, and it feels slightly unelegant when you compare it to this more streamlined solution.

Is there any way to customize the board graphic?

2 Likes
1 Like

The new Bioboards app is here, works on any board with metr module because the app is based on metr. Just choose other on board selection. Please share any feedback to info@bioboards.se if you try it. Thanks @rpasichnyk for a great job :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Running a BioX, original firmware that came with unit.
14/67 gear drives
Davega FW 5.05

16S
190KV
175mm

RAMM calculator puts unloaded top speed at 46mph.
eskate calculator puts it at 48mph.

On the bench the VESC RT data is displaying 42mph top speed.

Any guesses as to why this is lower than the calculators?

Took it for a test ride and RIDE GPS says I went 34.8mph while the Davega says 37mph. I know there is always a discrepancy between GPS and Davegas but that made me start looking at bench speeds.

Just wanting to see if my speeds are accurateā€¦ I have a friend with a speed radar gun so might try that next.

2 Likes

A couple of factors:

1. VESC max duty cycle is 95%
  2. If you have duty cycle current limit start set, then your ESC will lower the current before it reaches max duty cycle, so your steady-state might only be at 90% duty cycle
  3. Your battery wonā€™t be outputting full voltage under load. Iā€™m actually not certain if vesc 100% duty cycle is based on theoretical battery voltage, or the actual one.
  4. Motor KV can often vary quite a bit compared to the advertised values.
  5. Your tire diameter shrinks when you step on the board and the wheels are squished :smile:
2 Likes
  1. resistance (rolling, wind, gravity, etc)
1 Like

Thatā€™s if your battery / ESC power is the bottleneck. But true, could well be at high speeds

So I guess my main question is ā€œIs the displayed mph on the davega/vesc RT, my actual speed?ā€

Im fine with it not hitting the top speed estimated by the calculators but would like an accurate number from the vesc.

2 Likes

I would trust the Davega more than the GPS data, thatā€™s for sure. Maybe set the wheel diameter a tad bid lower than advertised and it should be pretty accurate.

2 Likes

My neighbor also has a radar gun so Im gonna see what that says on a fly by lol

Hello! Can anyone confirm if the Bioboards heatsink works for ubox v1? Iā€™m not sure if the holes are compatible.

2 Likes

Seems like it does, says Ubox

2 Likes

Yes it does.

2 Likes

BioX is now available for pre order thanks for confirmed delivery date:

Recommended to use with our heatsink:

1 Like