Bioboards Eskate Webshop

I’m sorry but this does matter. Plus it was shipped between the US and Europe which could’ve sustained more damages.

4 Likes

how should time affect it
use is much more important
especially since the issue lay in a bearing exploding within the motor

that is possible but the rest of the kit wasnt damaged at all and was packaged well

lastly 14 months is way less then the lifespan of a high quality motor such as which bioboards is selling

1st thing would be the low temperture that the cargo compartment on an aircraft, pressurized or not, temp gets really low since there isn’t any living being in those area

2nd would be the heat that the parcel was left out under the sun in an open field, if its hot enough to melt some plastic, it probably would have effected little bit on the motors as well

4 Likes

Because I don’t know about Markus but I wouldn’t give a warranty on a 14 month old motor.

Motors can sustain unseen damages when shipping and in handling even if you take great care

4 Likes

i dont disagree with that
however i am more hoping that i get some help to either solve the issue or to replace the motor (out of stock on his site)

my point is that its not like the motors are so old they shouldnt be working anymore.

thats possible but it also applies to when markus ships to others… also the issue seems to be something different and not just caused by some knocking around

Here in the EU we’re accustomed to 24month warranties for most products, and imho, I find it ridiculous people are even bringing up shipping damages for a part that will see much heavier abuse when it’s actually in use on an electric skateboard.

6 Likes

im not expecting it to be replaced for free
more hoping that i get some advice on how to fix or the ability to replace without spending 200$ on a part that broke when under light use

2 Likes

In unrelated news.

6 Likes

hey, cool customizations :slight_smile:

question:

do you have 100D’s in that? and does your board power off normally?

2 Likes

Thanks

Yes it does have 100Ds in it, I’ve never had an issue with it powering off.

3 Likes
8 Likes

What’s the inside dimensions of the biggest enclosure you have for such a land yacht of a deck 46x11 , I can’t fine the info on your website. Let me know plz, asking for a friend.

@Skyart maybe?

And what is this? Where can I know more about it lol

@mackann What is the name of the charge port on the plutonium? I need to print a cover for a buddy

@mackann I’ve just noticed that my Bioboards esc has Duty Cycle Current Limit Start set to 1 and maximum duty cycle is at 0.95.

If I am not mistaken that could cause serious problem at full speed.

Am i missing something or this should be set to 0.85 - 0.9 range?

4 Likes

Do they come pre-programmed? I would change that if I were you

1 Like

This is how it came stock. I have changed the value to 0.85

1 Like

Yeah I think only in FW 5.3 it finally gets auto set to 0.85, so on older firmwares you have to change it for safety.

3 Likes

That’s how the official firmware is for 5.2. We change it for every board we make. Their is some application you would want that that is not eskate so I gues that’s why they made it.

Thanks. I would suggest putting a printed note or just adding a disclaimer with the printed diagram you are shipping biox with already stating that this could be an issue.

BTW when can we expect 5.3 FW for the batch 1 esc? Or should I use Ubox 5.3 that was released a few days ago.

Will upload it next week. But I would wait with 5.3, better jump on after its used for some time.

6 Likes