Bioboards Eskate Webshop

Our connector panel and connectors now available:

2 Likes

@mackann have you guys tried silent HFI on the BioX esc?

The wiki here shows it’s one of the few 16s dual esc’s that has the right hardware to run sHFI as intended (phase shunts).

What’s the difference between that and a ubox?

1 Like

Yes works fine. Only problem I found using it was when I used standard value for hfi gain it could a few times move motors opposite direction of what it’s supposed to do when going from standstill. But lowering it removed that problem.

2 Likes

I found the same thing in my tests here. I ended up using HFI gain set to 0.100 and it solved that issue completely (trampa hardware, and stormcore 60d+). The stormcore made an audible whine when using sHFI, and the trampa esc was nearly silent other than a loud click when sHFI engaged.

I’m considering using the BioX for my next 4wd build to avoid using sensors and sensor extensions.

What did you find the noise like on the BioX when using sHFI?

I can record a video with my board this weekend. It’s silent, maybe a little sound when take off.

4 Likes

Ok tested again. Reacher 6495 motor and BioX. It was silent just like hall sensors, could not hear any real difference compared to hall sensors.

6 Likes

Wow, sHFI is silent, except for that little click when you first engage the throttle.

Really impressive to see - thanks for the video :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will give it to you that is the quietest one I’ve heard yet

Still stuttering a bit though, that’s a shame

1 Like

That’s smart reverse, other way it doesn’t

There’s literally no stuttering in that video. It’s smooth AF. The only thing I hear besides the “click” at throttle engagement is the smart reverse bearings/gear noise.

Literally at 8 seconds lmao - it is smart reverse though

Good to know theres something other than trampa that can basically achieve silent hfi, although I think it would still be hard to trust a spintend based esc after how many I’ve seen burned up

One local rider runs his at like 160 motor amps per side on 16s, it’s ridiculous, he must have a good one lol

2 Likes

I don’t know what you consider a stutter, but that is normal smart reverse to me. There is zero cogging there. It’s just as smooth as smart reverse with hall sensors. Just the normal smart reverse noise.

The right motor 100% stuttered when going into reverse. And no that’s not just smart reverse

1 Like

If others are seeing it, then I’m missing it.

1 Like

Sometimes it feels like folks want shfi to work as well as sensors do so badly that they start hallucinating

(Mostly joking, don’t take me too seriously)

if you would just be so kind to let me live in delusion, I could do my mountainboard build without running sensor extensions.

3 Likes

I will make some for you. DM me the specs and your address.

1 Like

A friend runs his 75v v2’s at 150A/side without issues as well.