Bigger than Boosted build log (42” vanguard, 18s4p, m1 drives)

Clearly, he means the 4997T97 wheels.

2181t31p1-e01e-digital@1x_637067629569279514

2 Likes

I have both kegel and abec adapters so i plan to run all the thane - gummies.

3 Likes

Enclosures on, had to redo two inserts that didn’t align perfectly.
Old motors off.

5 Likes

Most excellent!!!

3 Likes

So the build is on hold until Tuesday.

My plan was to use BN220s with m1 gear drives, and 6370s. Turns out 6370s only fit on a BN220 when reverse mounted. It also turned out that reverse mounting is impossible with the vanguard enclosure. Unless you run at the highest angle BN adjustable baseplates support, or use many risers.

The solution: I acquired a single BN270 which will be here Tuesday.

Today I pulled the bearings from my Kegel adapters, so i can replace them with 10mm ID bearings.

4 Likes

BN m1 drives are incompatible with the vanguard 42” eboosted enclosure if you use 6374 or larger motors.

I have tried both 220mm and 270mm BN hangers, both only allow reverse mount of motors. Reverse mounting is incompatible with both front and back of the enclosure. The 270s might allow a standard mounting if you use the straight cut gears which i beloved are larger, but I don’t know. With the helicals the can hits the hanger before the teeth engage.

It might be possible to make the 270s work in a standard mount if you grind away the ridge on the hanger.

It’s possible to reverse mount with both hangers at the highest angle BN adjustable bases plates go. Needless to say I don’t consider setting my rear base plate to an absurdly dangerous angle a solution.

1 Like

Adapting BN m1 8mm to 10mm.

2 Likes

Welcome to the same shit I’ve been dealing with. I opted for BN XL motor mounts reverse mounted.

2 Likes

I did this on the dremelseed and a previous board. Long motor mounts with outboard position solves everything. Sucks for gear drives though.

I belive @zero_ads has the same deck + enclosure +BN-m1 and is running savage trucks with 6355 mouted inward

1 Like

Yeah his setup works because of the tkp extending the wheelbase. With rkp it’s not happening. Hopefully a future revision can shrink the rear enclosure a bit to allow inside mounting. @eBoosted

3 Likes

I’m going to grind the 270 hanger tomorrow and see if i can fit it. I also have gbomb composite brackets on the way.

1 Like

@defiantboardsociety’s BN 280s would solve this issue i think? When are you selling the hangers?

I recall someone was selling these prototype hangars.

@Shadowfax i also have a particular Savage TKP that @Savage1 machined so that the M1 street drives work, by allowing the gears to engage without hitting the hangar. Older savage TKPs won’t work.

4 Likes

Yep. I recently modified 8 hangers to accommodate the BN M1 streets. Machining was done to the inside of the hanger like this…

I also include adapters machined to match the m1’s, and they are machined to a .75” hex, as are the hangers. (22mm is too large for the m1’s).

This particular set, is for a 4wd m1 sent to New Zealand

9 Likes

These trucks are amazing, stable at speed and carvy too. I was able to hit 38-39 mph on the mad 105s (101mm). I did change up my bushing setup for a bit even more carve.

@rosco is this set for you dude!? Going to upgrade the Night Train?

2 Likes

That’s the plan :blush: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Haha first thought was Nick Vertue. Even better that it’s @rosco :partying_face:

2 Likes

Nice!!! I like around 30 mph, but I’m not a speed freak. Just like cruising.:+1:t3:

4 Likes

Success, I had to rasp by hand because my dremal is too loud, but they fit now. Theres also 3mm of spacers inside each clamp.

2 Likes

Does it clear the baseplate too?