BIG FOOTšŸ¦¶ HAERO

Nice, I am the same weight and planning on using 6384s 190kv with 9ā€, escapes, 5:1 3DServisas drive gear & a 12s4p Molicel 21700, these should pump enough amps I hope, something like 140A peak delivery.

super build thanks for the share

3 Likes

Did you have to any use spacers to fit the trampa hubs on the matrix II trucks?

Are you turning on the board by directly plugging in the batteries. Have you happen to try the MKIII with switch or roll to start?

I am using a switch. Theres some funkiness with it that I am trying to work through with frank. It turns on and off but also roll to startā€¦ Was hoping it would just be one mode

I have my concerns with the switch option. Hopefully you get that sorted out

Nice one man, this looks super tidy.

Thanks. @MBS bindings are great. Those holes that they put in place are perfect for routing wires and hiding them

1 Like

From todays commute, ride like grandpa edition
25.4 whr / mile.
batteries are 99 whr x 4 so 16 miles :slight_smile: Not horrible. Doubt that will be actual though

3 Likes

Rode it some more.
Davegax now claims 12 miles range fully charged. (lipos are like 2 years oldā€¦ might be time for new ones wonā€™t go full bar no more)

Rode it more todayā€¦ I am really surprise I didnā€™t loose that much range. Maybe Vesc6 + Geardrive really helped with efficeny?

4 Likes

Sorted out the button issues.
It turned out the button works just fine.
I am a little annoyed that you canā€™t turn off push to start.
I was getting in a weird state where I was dragging the board turning and one of the vesc would pop on. The button would glow but the davegax wonā€™t turn on because the button was hooked onto the 5v of the vesc that didnā€™t turn on.
Aside from that small quirk, the button works.

@Trampa would looooooove to have ability to disable push to start :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Wire them differently?

I am wiring them in according to trampa. apparently switch also = push to start

Because Corona virus so I have to keep fiddling with this build :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Swapped out motor to torqueboard 170kv 6380
Swapped gear ratio now 11 - 44 running 9 inch wheels
Batteries donā€™t like me but the motors are holding up fine <3 @torqueboards

Finally got the moon drive dialed in.
God I love the free roll on these things.
For the price you really canā€™t be beat these drives. <3 @moon

Lessons learnt:
If you got wobbly wheels and you are using a trampa hub check the spokes. I gotta a few that didnā€™t really sit flush on the hub and the whole thing was wobbly. Sand paper and spare parts from an old build did the trick.

There is a right amount of backlash. As little backlash as possible without it locking wonā€™t give you the best result. I wound up with the double folded paper method. Also the motor spurs are not going to be 100% centered. The keyway will push it to one end. I found the point of maximun height and use that point to set my backlash.

5 Likes

Learnt a lot from this build

3 Likes

Random question. What is the bag holding the lipos? I like that look. Easy swap :+1:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725P7BR7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice work!
Everything looks so nice and neatā€¦
I like the way you lined up the motors so the logos lined up for that pic! Lol

Great job! And yes that box is pretty sweet! :smile:

Xtra

2 Likes

Nice job, Iā€™m your same weight, whyā€™d you go with the white dampers on the MBS matrix2ā€™s?

Howā€™s the Haero compare to colab?

I am assuming you ment yellow. Didnā€™t need to go to the orange. its stable enough. :slight_smile:
Haero is reallyā€¦ just betterā€¦ the concave around the foot are better, the board itself is ā€œflatterā€ it doesnā€™t have any chamber at all around where you stand. Very versatile with all the mounting options. Its a bloody good buy IMHO

4 Likes

Same here. :grin:

2 Likes