BIG FOOTšŸ¦¶ HAERO

Nice one man, this looks super tidy.

Thanks. @MBS bindings are great. Those holes that they put in place are perfect for routing wires and hiding them

1 Like

From todays commute, ride like grandpa edition
25.4 whr / mile.
batteries are 99 whr x 4 so 16 miles :slight_smile: Not horrible. Doubt that will be actual though

3 Likes

Rode it some more.
Davegax now claims 12 miles range fully charged. (lipos are like 2 years oldā€¦ might be time for new ones wonā€™t go full bar no more)

Rode it more todayā€¦ I am really surprise I didnā€™t loose that much range. Maybe Vesc6 + Geardrive really helped with efficeny?

4 Likes

Sorted out the button issues.
It turned out the button works just fine.
I am a little annoyed that you canā€™t turn off push to start.
I was getting in a weird state where I was dragging the board turning and one of the vesc would pop on. The button would glow but the davegax wonā€™t turn on because the button was hooked onto the 5v of the vesc that didnā€™t turn on.
Aside from that small quirk, the button works.

@Trampa would looooooove to have ability to disable push to start :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Wire them differently?

I am wiring them in according to trampa. apparently switch also = push to start

Because Corona virus so I have to keep fiddling with this build :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Swapped out motor to torqueboard 170kv 6380
Swapped gear ratio now 11 - 44 running 9 inch wheels
Batteries donā€™t like me but the motors are holding up fine <3 @torqueboards

Finally got the moon drive dialed in.
God I love the free roll on these things.
For the price you really canā€™t be beat these drives. <3 @moon

Lessons learnt:
If you got wobbly wheels and you are using a trampa hub check the spokes. I gotta a few that didnā€™t really sit flush on the hub and the whole thing was wobbly. Sand paper and spare parts from an old build did the trick.

There is a right amount of backlash. As little backlash as possible without it locking wonā€™t give you the best result. I wound up with the double folded paper method. Also the motor spurs are not going to be 100% centered. The keyway will push it to one end. I found the point of maximun height and use that point to set my backlash.

5 Likes

Learnt a lot from this build

3 Likes

Random question. What is the bag holding the lipos? I like that look. Easy swap :+1:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725P7BR7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice work!
Everything looks so nice and neatā€¦
I like the way you lined up the motors so the logos lined up for that pic! Lol

Great job! And yes that box is pretty sweet! :smile:

Xtra

2 Likes

Nice job, Iā€™m your same weight, whyā€™d you go with the white dampers on the MBS matrix2ā€™s?

Howā€™s the Haero compare to colab?

I am assuming you ment yellow. Didnā€™t need to go to the orange. its stable enough. :slight_smile:
Haero is reallyā€¦ just betterā€¦ the concave around the foot are better, the board itself is ā€œflatterā€ it doesnā€™t have any chamber at all around where you stand. Very versatile with all the mounting options. Its a bloody good buy IMHO

4 Likes

Same here. :grin:

2 Likes