BIG CHONKAS | DIY Integrated deck | NeoHubs | Paris V3 Trucks | 10s3p 30Q | Focbox Unity

The Unity kick to start is not configurable, h/w feature only. Jeff is looking at a revision in the next iteration I guess

Saw this on crackbook, thought it may be of some use to you @Linny

https://www.facebook.com/groups/endless.sphere/permalink/2507867745948945/

2 Likes

A little work today. I got the hole cut for the front. The charging port and unity button wires are gonna go in through this.

Also thinned the edge a bit more, it was way thicker previously. The overall shape is relatively smooth and transitions all look clean. Whaddya think?

17 Likes

I think looks better than CNC made. From now on you will have to make all the decks to yourself.
Depending on how much riser you gonna use you might want to make space for the wheels on the deck.

3 Likes

Yeah some wheel wells on that bad boy would be sick!

Yea making a deck from scratch is really something else.

Y’know, I did ground some wheel wells on it, and put a paris truck on there with Caguamas, it can do a full lean no problem. I’m gonna add a decent thickness wedge on both sides anyway so it should be good.

11 Likes

Nice work!
The truck holes seem off on the picture though…?

1 Like

Ahh yes I see now. Nice smooth lines. Used to seeing more defined, hard edged wheel wells I suppose. Really loving this build dude, you’re inspiring me to give this a crack :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Super stealthy build.I am in awe of your mad wood work skills. I struggle putting inserts in. Its ninja worthy. You answered some questions about Singapore going later this year.

1 Like

Sweats nervously

Uhh, it’s the camera angle!
No worries it’s all centred. I measured everything more than 3 times haha

7 Likes

Let me know when you’re coming! If you’re keen, I can organise a group ride during your stay as well.

Your deck turned out so nice!
Love this build. Can’t wait to see what kind of paintjob you are going to do.

1 Like

For sure sounds awesome. I am thinking of doing a budget travel board inspired by my fav korean youtuber. https://youtu.be/DJNMe13nGLE

4 Likes

Love that guy and his dog! Amazing what he does all in his apartment without mess up everything around. I can not achive it even while eating :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m deciding between a nice exotic wood veneer or paint. Leaning towards the veneer. We’ll see!

2 Likes

Love this fella. No words, straight to the building. That’s how craftsmanship is.

I believe hes on the forum, just not sure what his forum name is. Since he has knowledge on DIY parts like flipsky etc

4 Likes

Kami Juins is awesome.

5 Likes

Yeh tought the same as well. He uses al TB or Flipsky parts.

Today I started making the lid of the deck.

I made a mold out of plywood and lined it with tape, and sprayed mold release and off I went. Laid fiberglass cloth with resin. However it didnt go so well as it was bubble city. I might look for commercial options like a fiberglass 3mm sheet, or CF.

4 Likes

I made a couple of lids for integrated decks. You best bet is lasercut aluminium. You can get whatever thickness you want and won’t cost you much. I guess you are going to apply grip tape anyway at the end.