BIG CHONKAS | DIY Integrated deck | NeoHubs | Paris V3 Trucks | 10s3p 30Q | Focbox Unity

Ya i am a bit concerned about the whole ‘integrated wire heatsink’ hangar. I just want the V5 motors, on the V4 hangar, that’s it

2 Likes

I think he has a pile of the old hangers. If they’re compatible I see no reason he wouldn’t hook you up… Anyway the offer will be open if you need it.

2 Likes

Sure! But if someone else is interested, do not hesitate to let it go, cheers!

2 Likes

Some beauty pics of the Chonk deck :rofl:

23 Likes

it came out great…If you cover it with classic grip tape it’s basically impossible to tell that is electric

2 Likes

Mock up time! I don’t have the Hummies yet, but I did order the Neohubs that @jeffwuneo is doing, so that could be an alternative till that comes.

Mounted the Paris V3 trucks with 85mm Caguamas, since the Hummies will be at a similar diameter at 83mm.

9 Likes

Yep exactly. Now I’m about to commit the biggest sin and will have to unfortunately paint the wood veneer at the top black, since the edge will show up when I cut my griptape next time. Sorry guys I know you all like the veneer at the top, but its purpose is to just hold the plywood layers together, not so much aesthetics :sweat_smile:

1 Like

all balck is gonna be sick!We all know the veneer is hidden underneath :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

wood ya look at that, no wheel bite at full lean!

I was a bit nervous about that cus of the thick deck and fear my wheel well wasn’t enough. Glad that’s outta the way

5 Likes

Wh-

:weary:

6 Likes

Damn. So close yet so far

Right angle connector might fit?

5 Likes

Indeed or simple print a shorter plug case. That not difficult. After shaping the deck, this is a joke for you.

1 Like

In fact, that’s perfectly designed. Imagine you get stopped by police and they inspect the board and… “Hey, what’s that? Isn’t that a charge port?” Then you go: “Of course not, officer. How would you ever manage to plug the charger in?!” :smile:

16 Likes

Eheh… Concerning the weight you can say it’s made out of epoxy granite. The liner X has a concrete look :joy:

2 Likes

so close but no cigar! I second the idea of a right angle connector although idk what kind of clearance space you’re looking at between the deck and the plug in

1 Like

So stoked for your ride! Hopefully the hummies would be able to conquer those horrendous bridge expansion gaps all around urban environments, which are often as large as the wheels themselves and all the latest disability bump tactile tiles… - full annoyance!

1 Like

Hey, black looks not bad.

I also painted my lil logo on the bottom

26 Likes

Yep, i got a few of these. I’ll make an adapter for my charger. Don’t wanna grind down anything on my deck anymore haha

2 Likes

What is that logo in the middle of the deck?

2 Likes